Author Topic: Importance of a good digitizer  (Read 5086 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Importance of a good digitizer
« on: July 25, 2011, 02:16:59 PM »
With all the talk recently y Dan and his quest to find a good digitizer I thought I would post a pic of what quality digitizing can do.

Below is a pic of the PGA logo digitized by Nike. We contract embroider for Nike and receive roughly a hundred plus logos a year from them. Their digitizers are top notch they simply are amazing when it comes to small lettering and detail, as some here probably know anything to do with golf has to be small small small. The logo below is tiny less than two inches total as you can tell by the quarter next to it. Proper embroider has to start with quality digitizing, if not then you are lost before you even turn the machine on. Of course you also have to have a nice tight machine running correctly and consistently head to head. Our current digitizer cannot digitize as well as below close but not quite, he is good for the basic stuff only when ever I need something done with small detail and lettering I use a much higher priced digitizer but well worth it. Or do it myself.

"No man is an island"

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: Importance of a good digitizer
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:12:03 PM »
I just turn over my embroidery work to the embroiderer without a thought to how digitizating is done. Can someone  summarize how/what is done and why the digitizer is so important?
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 03:41:04 PM »
Bobby

digitizing is an art form  some people have it and some don't....there are all types of digitizer and INKMAN has a great one with NIKE...

it is done in a software program and there are tons of things you have to know about it...ie. pull comp. type of stitch ect...

Sam

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:35 PM »
Like Sam said it is complex and you have to know a lot. There is many things going on that cannot be portrayed with just a picture. Understanding how the machine works, the flow of the design, functions and tons of other stuff is very important. Anyone can buy software that does point and stitch (automatic digitizing) and make a design look good on screen but when it comes to running it its a whole different story.

Alos like Sam said the digitizers at Nike are at the top of the class but they work for Nike and not out for hire, I wish they were!
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 03:49:58 PM »
With all the talk recently y Dan and his quest to find a good digitizer I thought I would post a pic of what quality digitizing can do.

Below is a pic of the PGA logo digitized by Nike. We contract embroider for Nike and receive roughly a hundred plus logos a year from them. Their digitizers are top notch they simply are amazing when it comes to small lettering and detail, as some here probably know anything to do with golf has to be small small small. The logo below is tiny less than two inches total as you can tell by the quarter next to it. Proper embroider has to start with quality digitizing, if not then you are lost before you even turn the machine on. Of course you also have to have a nice tight machine running correctly and consistently head to head. Our current digitizer cannot digitize as well as below close but not quite, he is good for the basic stuff only when ever I need something done with small detail and lettering I use a much higher priced digitizer but well worth it. Or do it myself.

Thats amazing quality for that small.  Flat out amazing.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
try BJ from the boards, she is great as well.

Offline Clark

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 04:50:18 PM »
That is unbelievable.  I have never seen lettering done that well on such a small scale..

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 07:55:29 PM »

Nice job on your end too running that machine. Looks awesome.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
Ya your machine is really dialed in as well.

Our tech tells us our machine is really awesome tension and such, but I highly doubt we could sew it that well. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 09:17:47 AM »
Brad I seen your work and I am confident your machine will run this just fine. My initial intention was to show how pre-press (embroidery machine) is just as important as any pre-press situation in screen printing. But obviously it still requires a tight machine and talented operators. We have to be able to run jobs like this other wise we would never have the type of clients we have. Nike is just one of many high profile clients we run embroidery for, not to mention some of the most exclusive and expensive golf courses in this country.

Brad i will send you the file I guarantee it will run well for you.

FYI we ran this logo on 600 Nike dri-fit polos very thin material we used tear away not cut away since it is one complete design not broken up.
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
Brad I seen your work and I am confident your machine will run this just fine. My initial intention was to show how pre-press (embroidery machine) is just as important as any pre-press situation in screen printing. But obviously it still requires a tight machine and talented operators. We have to be able to run jobs like this other wise we would never have the type of clients we have. Nike is just one of many high profile clients we run embroidery for, not to mention some of the most exclusive and expensive golf courses in this country.

Brad i will send you the file I guarantee it will run well for you.

FYI we ran this logo on 600 Nike dri-fit polos very thin material we used tear away not cut away since it is one complete design not broken up.

Awesome dude, id love to see how it sews on ours.  Just for shits and giggles. 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »
Brandt not Brad sorry.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 11:30:26 AM »
You had me all sorts of confused.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 03:43:42 PM »
Thats nice and tight wish we could do that...I,m always ask to stitch small stuff and I turn it down.  Nice Job!!
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!