Author Topic: transfers not transferring  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
transfers not transferring
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
We made some 2 color transfers for some ladies running tanks, (bra inside) and suddenly, a couple of the transfers won't release from the paper. Overcured before transferring?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
Re: transfers not transferring
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:45 AM »
sounds like it.  i had it happen once before and that ended up being the culprit. 
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline ErinAllenLamb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:44:35 AM »
Generally it is over gel before transfer or not enough heat/pressure/time under the heat press.  I can take this question to our resident tranfer expert, but I know he will ask me: What ink you are using, how you are gellling and what temp, what paper you are using and your transfer parameters. :)

Erin

Offline SkylinePrints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »
Generally it is over gel before transfer or not enough heat/pressure/time under the heat press.  I can take this question to our resident tranfer expert, but I know he will ask me: What ink you are using, how you are gellling and what temp, what paper you are using and your transfer parameters. :)

Erin

oh those experts always want to ask questions and never give answers.   :P :P :P :P
Have a great day! :)
 Nathan Harrison Skyline Prints Embroidery & Screen Printing 4982 Bill Gardner Pkwy  Locust Grove, GA 30248  (770) 914-1558  www.SkylinePrints.com  Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/skylineprints or Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/skylineprints

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:18 AM »
update, it was just one transfer, though I found the operator had the heat up too high, though the first dozen were OK. I reduced the heat from 375° to 325° and took the time down to 12 seconds or so, then gave an extra 10 with the silicone sheet. After talking it over, we decided that the overlay, or second color, should have overlaid the dark outline as well. Thanks for the replies.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »
we had this issue when SOMEBODY used the wrong side of the paper. We have about 10 different kinds and THOUGHT he had the right paper. . sonbitch was not happy to watch me throw them all out.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...