Author Topic: Anyone here good with Simple Seps 1.2 ???? Need help  (Read 3104 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Anyone here good with Simple Seps 1.2 ???? Need help
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:43:12 PM »
I have a design that Jason made for me with lots of fading in letters but when I go to seperat it in S.Seps there is no base for the letters....Why? Thks ahead of time

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Anyone here good with Simple Seps 1.2 ???? Need help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
Got it ...... Just a Brain Fart :(   long hours

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
Glad you got it taken care of.

What is a simple seps?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
Hey Dan, Simple Seps is from Advanced Artist, it is a sep program for vector images that does a pretty good job with half tones. If you do a fair job on the art with color management then you can set your variables on shades. He has some tuts at his website for us Corel users. http://advancedtshirts.com/
Nothing like you Dan, but for a quick fix it works for me..... most of the time when I can remember what to do..

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:41:01 PM »
I love it for simple vector stuff, it makes life easier when it comes to underbases and overprints.  I can examine each plate much better than the tiny print preview screen

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
Hey MK it works really well with a design with multi colors that can be haltoned too. I also like how you can change all of a certain color in a deisign in like one click.... Really a good price and Thomas will respond to your e-mail really quick. I would have to give it a thumbs up on performance and price.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
You're right, i was thinking I use it for vector seps and used the term spot colors instead.  I just did one today that was a 2 color on white and I can go in and choke some of the images to make them print a little cleaner.  I really like how easy it is to control each color.

I do prefer the color change macro from Oberon place or Woxxom instead of the one in simple seps.  It's easier to use since it has an eyedropper.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 02:10:31 PM »
I am not familar with those.... can you give me some insight on them... Are they a purchase or does it come with a program?

Offline BorisB