Author Topic: custy: can I get the print resized to each size shirt?  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
custy: can I get the print resized to each size shirt?
« on: July 29, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Me: Sure but I'll have to charge you each size as a separate job and priced as such.

Custy: What...? It's the same design!

Who else gets this?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: custy: can I get the print resized to each size shirt?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:25:49 PM »
i've gotten that before, plenty of times.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
I could see for a simple 1 color print  2 screens one for small and med and one for large and xl but for a 3 color front and back... I'd rather play in traffic.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04:50 PM »
We get that all the damn time.  One of our sales people keeps going after daycares and children's centers, so you have sizes from toddler to 3XL.  Our own sales person had a hard time understanding that she needed to charge for 2 completely different setups. Just because they have 14 adult shirts with the big logo, and 22 youth shirts with the little logo, it doesn't meet our supposed 36 piece requirement for jobs over 2 colors.  She's been selling for us for a year and a half.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 03:29:31 PM »
We sometimes do two sets of screens one for the ladies cuts (like Bella tanks) and one for regular tees.  They are treated as separate jobs and the numbers have to be there.  But we still see a couple of orders a month like that.
steve

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
It's a hard one when you know a print is going to be huge on a tiny shirt or tiny on a huge shirt, you just have to pick a size that works.

Oh, I have a new artist starting in a month, so I am stoked.