Author Topic: Who turned the t-shirt ordering faucet on?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Clark

Who turned the t-shirt ordering faucet on?
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
Jeezus Christ..I'm not gonna see daylight for a month.  I was sitting around with nothing to do for at least a half-full day two weeks ago..now I'm booked for 10-12 hrs/ day for the next two weeks.  Anybody else getting hit hard this last week?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Who turned the t-shirt ordering faucet on?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 11:58:59 PM »
I hear tell of all of my printer friends in my area are very swamped at the moment. Must be in the water.  Take it all while you can.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »
Jeezus Christ..I'm not gonna see daylight for a month.  I was sitting around with nothing to do for at least a half-full day two weeks ago..now I'm booked for 10-12 hrs/ day for the next two weeks.  Anybody else getting hit hard this last week?

Funny you should ask, because, though I am not at your volume, I was overwhelmed last week as well. I use dynamic pricing on my rush orders, and I finally raised my rush fees high enough so that the last two people who called on Friday (for Saturday delivery) didn't go through with their orders. I was, frankly, relieved.
By this Thursday, I should be back to being able to goof off a bit, and maybe even take in an A's game next week.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
my main printer just gave notice and I am getting swamped!
then a new customer calls with a 4k order, front and back.
I wish I was looking at 10-12 hour days! More like 16-18 until I got somebody else in!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 01:30:46 PM »
I've been working 12-14 hour days for the past 2 weeks. So over it.
I really don't care about money that much, but I'll be damned to miss a deadline.
Quality employees are hard to find.