Author Topic: 11 Autos under 1 roof  (Read 7740 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: 11 Autos under 1 roof
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 07:48:36 AM »
Its one of the reasons Imp mag doesn't do the "Top Rated Shops" issue anymore. Everyone fudges the #s and no way to back them up. (Some may remember Transcolor)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 07:50:03 AM »
I don't remember the exact words from the story I was talking about. I suppose I could look it up on the news channels website, but either way I can't believe they are #1 for either category.

Which may be true, but wouldn't we have to know how many shifts they all run, how many days they operate and so on?    I mean they could have 11 Autos and run 3 shifts a day 7 days a week for all I know.  With something like that it wouldn't be hard to beat a shop with 2x the equipment punching out a 5pm each day.  Not saying that's the case, just saying consider we all may not know the complete story.

Its one of the reasons Imp mag doesn't do the "Top Rated Shops" issue anymore. Everyone fudges the #s and no way to back them up. (Some may remember Transcolor)

Sorta what I mean yes.  It's pretty easy to claim something like "biggest printer" or whatever when there is nobody running around getting the full story.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Baron265

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 08:56:45 AM »

And the legit top shop fudge downward so they don't get bombarded with sales calls.
Paul Schmidt
Regional Manager
Workhorse Products, Inc.
(602)414-3684
pschmidt@workhorseproducts.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 09:43:34 AM »

how about the shop in the midwest who has 28 MHM's on the floor.. bought 8 of them at once the other year.

Lets not forget about Nutmeg in the SE.. last I heard they had over 30 machines.

The volume is out there, it just depends on who you know to get it.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 09:50:48 AM »
Nutmeg is VF Imagewear

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 10:30:27 AM »

how about the shop in the midwest who has 28 MHM's on the floor.. bought 8 of them at once the other year.

Um, is that Lake Shirts? Because if it is, then my while point goes out the window and I have been HEAVILY mis informed!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 10:55:09 AM »
I'd rather be a top money shop with less auto's to feed than have a ton of machines to feed...I like simple.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
one thing I always despised the Atlas for was their pricing. They are usually 40% less than the next cheapest guy and that just does not make any sense to me. They could be 10-15% less and still be the cheapest. Why leave all that money on the table?

In my mind there might be something funny going on there. Printing shirts for $0.21 per imprint and making money hand over fist does not go together.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:59 PM »

Um, is that Lake Shirts? Because if it is, then my while point goes out the window and I have been HEAVILY mis informed!

I dont think Lake Shirts is who John is referring to.  I believe i know who he's talking about, but i'll let him clarify it.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:12 PM »
I didn't think so either because the MHM sales rep was going to bring me there a while ago v when was looking for a new press. But I could of swore he said 10 or something close
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
Paramount Apparel perhaps go to their site and click on factory for pics

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:15 PM »
And here it is

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 03:44:37 PM »
Paramount Apparel perhaps go to their site and click on factory for pics

They've got a good little foundation and with a little work they'll be on their way :)..............wow.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline starchild

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
I wonder what kind of monthly salary an owner of an operation of that complexity takes home?

Moving 100 -1 color to 2 color max, shirts daily with a $10 net profit on each, daily, is like $1000 per day or $30,000 per month.. And that's with one manual press.. That's hmm.. 20 sales in 5 different shops per day..

With that kind of complexity I can only imagine.. He probably buys a new jet every year..

Sent using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:21:17 PM by starchild »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 04:25:23 PM »
I wonder what kind of monthly salary an owner of an operation of that complexity takes home?

Moving 100 -1 color to 2 color max, shirts daily with a $10 net profit on each, daily, is like $1000 per day or $30,000 per month.. And that's with one manual press.. That's hmm.. 20 sales in 5 different shops per day..

With that kind of complexity I can only imagine.. He probably buys a new jet every year..

Sent using Tapatalk

$10 per shirt in profit? Not in your wildest dreams. Most of these places you are looking at $0.10 of profit per shirt.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!