Author Topic: Tiger striped font  (Read 4263 times)

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
Tiger striped font
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »
Just wondering if anyone knew of a particular font that had a tiger-striped appearance to it.  We found a Zebra font, but really need a tiger striped font.  Thanks for the help.

Offline squeezee

Re: Tiger striped font
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:08:56 AM »
What programme are you in?  You can put a picture of a tiger behind a font using mask or Powerclip.
imagesetters for screenprinting  A Troll-free zone :-)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »
Yep.

In illustrator, place the text above the tiger illustration, outline, select all and make clipping mask.
In Phothoshop, make outlines out of the text, select it, and use "Paste Into" command when pasting tiger illustration into text

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »
We use both Photoshop & Illustrator, but a little secret about me is that I'm not very proficient in either program.  I have someone who helps me out and will relay this idea to them.  I'm sure they'll know what to do.  Thank you!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »
cat, I don't mean to preach, but the only way we Techno-Graphic Newbies or Experts learn anything is by actually doing it. Nothing wrong with having someone help you, but have them show you what they did, and then, most importantly, do it yourself!
In fact, why don't you even try it yourself first with the few relatively simple steps given here.

Make notes if necessary, especially on processes that you don't do regularly.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 11:40:37 AM »
You are absolutely right, probably need someone to tell me that.  Its been a couple of years, but I can do text and some basic drawings.  Some of the more complicated stuff goes to my business partner and she is happy with that.  I do more of the sales and paperwork and we both do the actual screenprinting.  It works out pretty well but to be honest with you, I really should make an attempt to learn a bit more on the artwork end.  Thanks so much :)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
Frog that,s the best advice I heard in awhile, nothing like doing it yourself, saves you some coin at times.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
oooorrr you can have some else (enter shameless plug here)--->like ME
to do it for you. To save  you time so that you can make more money printing and or selling more jobs instead of fooling around with silly art work and fonts... ;D