Author Topic: Most reliable shop mgmt program?  (Read 20137 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Most reliable shop mgmt program?
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
If anyone wants some info on Shopworks that Ron and others haven't already given, let me know.  We've used it since January 2000.  I just opened up our first job we put into the system and can tell you everything about it 14 years later.  It's not completely void of bugs but it's very reliable.  Only issues we've ever had were server related and once we got our issues worked out the updates and fixes went smoothly.  It's so robust that I'd venture to guess we don't use half of what it could do.  We've entered thousands of orders into it and it's all still right there at our fingertips even after moving servers several times and 7 major updates.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »

I tried Printavo a few months ago, but it didnt really do much in my opinion.  I know there was just a big update, and I also know I didnt really explore it much, so take that statement for what it is..

Honestly, right now I am just using quickbooks for everything.  It has fairly robust customer management, and invoicing, and integrates with the bank.  The invoicing customization is a bit lacking, and it doesn't automate pricing by querying sanmar etc, but once you setup your own line items you can pump out estimates fairly quickly and clients can view the invoice, proof art, and even pay all online.

To can proof online via quickbooks?

I use quickbooks online, so the local version may differ, but when I setup an estimate or an invoice, there are areas at the bottom of the page that let you upload art and link files, and add memos that you and the client can see or just you, so you can add all kinds of print information to each invoice if you felt inclined, and the art would be there to review as well.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
what is the pricing on shopworks? i think they used to have it online, but i can't find the link anymore
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 03:08:35 PM »
shopworks isn't that bad pricewise, it's about $5k for the base, plus about $1k for each additional user.  Roughly.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 03:24:12 PM »
quickbooks is 10 a month total for as many computers as you feel like logging into it with :D 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
mimosa, quickbooks is a one size fits all program that fits nobody.

can you set up price grids and a size matrix?  Price by number of colors and quantity?  No need to rely on manual price calculations?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 03:45:04 PM »
In a way, yes.  You can setup categories and specific pricing within each category for different things.  It isn't exactly a matrix, but it can store and output pricing information for a ton of variables without having to do any manual calculations.  It definitely won't work for everyone, and I was mostly just chiming in to chime in, not to say it is an apples to apples competitor to something like shopworx.  I do think quickbooks is underestimated by many when it comes to the CMS and invoicing backend...

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 06:30:55 PM »
Thanks for the info re:Quickbooks.  I wonder if that's available now with the desktop version.  Seems like it would be logical with everything moving online anyway.

I priced Shopworks six months ago and it was $10k to get started.  Was I about to get hosed?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
I have no experience with the offline version, so I couldn't tell you.  The online version is pretty great though and has seen two pretty huge updates just since I started using it late last year.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »
priceworks depends on how many users.  I'll have to look at the quote because there are a couple other one-time fees in there, i'll look back, it's just not a move we can make right now for several reasons.

Offline printavo

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
We've added a bunch of new features since this post :) If you have questions, reach out!
https://www.printavo.com - Printavo, simple shop management software.

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2017, 08:12:41 AM »
We are a two auto shop.. 8 employees. I struggled for a while with which system to implement.
We switched over to Printavo a month or so ago...
Seamless transition, easy to use and lots of cool features.
Ports over to our QBO easily with no hiccups..

This program is changing the way  we interact with customers,
send invoices, track work flow and manage our overall ship... All correspondence with customer for any given job can be easily  tracked
and followed by any employee at any step in the process... Invoices are easy to view and approve on a smart phone...

One of our favorite features - the customer 'approval' button  - customers view and track their invoice, view provided virtuals, and
must enter a name and click the 'approve' tab. This provides a digital trail of who approved what, eliminating all guess work and shifting
job approval and final sign off on art directly to the customer.... Sheesh.. Its about time....

And - another one - the calendar. Color coded tabs for each stage of production - art not approved, art approved, paid, ready for print, completed.
The Tier 3 Printavo option allows for  auto updated payment info, integrated auto updates of calendar, and provides great solutions for shipping...

Lastly - Bruce and his staff at Printavo are SUPER responsive... I mean, these guys are really on it.  If there is an issue, its addressed quickly.
Its only been a short while, but I feel as though we made a real good  decision with Printavo. I encourage everyone here to check out the free trial, and at least see if the system would be a good fit for their shop... Nothing to lose.. www.printavo.com    Screen print specific shop management software..

- John @ DCSP
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:23:17 AM by DCSP John »

Offline AMBRO_MFG

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2018, 04:31:59 PM »
I agree.  We are transitioning away from Shopworks Onsite as well.  In our experience the program is dated and clunky.  In fact, it's written in a way that stuff seems to get lost and or is hidden from plain sight.  It is so complicated and hard to use and the management team at the company doesn't really care about you after you pay them.  At least that's what we've experienced. 

Offline Teecal

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »
TeeCal Cloud was released on April 30, 2018 to its existing customers.

TeeCal Cloud to be released to public on June 1, 2018.

Please feel free to contact TeeCal Support team for details.

http://www.teecal.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2018, 03:33:22 PM »
Printavo just pushed a bunch of new updates that actually make it way more functional between you and the customer.

Stokkup also has a bunch of cool things coming!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285