Author Topic: 3 color discharge print on purple  (Read 2722 times)

Offline JmanRT

• Verified/Junior
3 color discharge print on purple
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:45 PM »
here is a little something we did a few days ago, nothing crazy but just a little encouragement to everyone using WB and discharge that there are loopholes in the rules of discharge printing : )

Jeremiah - Production manager at Real Thread

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: 3 color discharge print on purple
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:09:59 PM »
Is that an Anvil 980 heather purple?  I have found that their heathers discharge like a beast despite being 60% poly

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:34:52 AM »
I have found a ton of the Heathered garments on the market discharge really well.  And some that don't, but the tonal effects are really cool.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 07:39:23 PM »
Is that an Anvil 980 heather purple?  I have found that their heathers discharge like a beast despite being 60% poly

The poly in the heather blends are actually white fabric so no need to discharge.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:55:16 AM »
Sorry but totally not true

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:27 AM »
The ones that discharge are is what I was trying to say.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »
Understood. We discharge everything with rare exception even if its not required by customer. Clothing lines are all discharge. Color kitchen has over 200 ready to activate colors. Suspect garments are DC/UB

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 01:30:33 PM »
Understood. We discharge everything with rare exception even if its not required by customer. Clothing lines are all discharge. Color kitchen has over 200 ready to activate colors. Suspect garments are DC/UB

We used to print everything with straight discharge but have since made our discharge underbase to feel the same as straight discharge with better color accuracy and pantone matching. We had to many customers complaining that there orders didn't match perfect on reorders. With straight discharge we would get alot of negatives from lint and it was a constant battle even with a lint screen, do you not have that issue on bold solid coverage areas.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »
No we don't. Not never but pretty much. This literally off the press. An old Gauntlet (I don't even have a flash for it) 4 colors DC. No lint screen, no rollers, no tri-loc, etc. 2 person 10 min set up. About 45 min to run 400 pcs.