Author Topic: Upgrading to Ultraseps v2 from QS Pro ?  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Horizongfx

• Verified/Junior
Upgrading to Ultraseps v2 from QS Pro ?
« on: November 22, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
anyone Upgrade to Ultraseps v2 from QS Professional and see marked improvements and/or features that would make it worth paying the 4 bills for ?  :-\
The Man Behind the Mask

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: Upgrading to Ultraseps v2 from QS Pro ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 07:33:35 PM »
I wish there were more incentive for those of us who have purchased this already for a more reasonable upgrade fee. As it is, I'm probably gonna pass.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
I think there's a lot more with the Ultraseps, but it's been so long since I used the QS, that I cannot intelligently tell you the differences.  I had a copy of QS that I used a few times (as a backup).  Then I bought Ultraseps after watching the extensive video tutorial.  I've since upgraded to V2 (no charge). 

Doesn't Steve offer a staged upgrade to Ultraseps from QS?  Have you asked?

I think you might be surprised with the extra features and results from Ultraseps as I think it was a complete rework of QS using totally different software techniques and methods.

I'll tell you what we can do.  Send me an unsepped file you ran through QS Pro and I'll run it through Ultraseps and send it back and then you can decide if it makes enough of a difference to upgrade.  The only thing you won't be able to see are the extra features available at run time, but there's probably a tutorial still available.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Horizongfx

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »
I may just do that, but i never run a file straight from the actions  to the press i always merge and apply channels manually, i have much better control that way. there were a few unique actions that i watched on the video that may prove to be useful.
I upgraded from the original quickseps to Professional several years ago, I just feel like $399.00 is a lot of money for a small shop such as mine to pay for what i really feel aught to be an upgrade. :o
The Man Behind the Mask

Offline starchild

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »
Have you looked at SimpleSeps for photoshop? If not, at least check out Jeff's YouTube channel FullSpectrumVideo and have a look see and compare for yourself..

Posted with Tapatalk

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »
I may just do that, but i never run a file straight from the actions  to the press i always merge and apply channels manually, i have much better control that way. there were a few unique actions that i watched on the video that may prove to be useful.
I upgraded from the original quickseps to Professional several years ago, I just feel like $399.00 is a lot of money for a small shop such as mine to pay for what i really feel aught to be an upgrade. :o

I know what you mean. 

But for a test, I might recommend you take a raw PS image.  Run it thru QS and don't tweak a thing.  Send me the raw image.  I'll run thru Ultraseps and won't tweak anything and send back.  Then you can compare the two....before treaking/merging channels.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
I've been through all of the upgrades, and none of them cost me $400, in fact, the last one was free (UltraSeps V2). Check with Steve, he's pretty reasonable.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't