Author Topic: Numbers on 100% Poly  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Sparkie

Numbers on 100% Poly
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:28:18 PM »
I'm about to do my first 100% poly numbering job using Transfer Express numbers (White) on 100% poly (Navy) Nike DriFit shirts. I've been direct screen printing this job for years and I now want to see how well it turns out with transfers.

Any tips from you transfer experts is much appreciated. :)
- Mark

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Re: Numbers on 100% Poly
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
Should be no problem. I did some on 100% poly.  Just follow the instructions from Trans Ex. Somebody here told me a while ago to be careful not to stack hot shirts on top of hot because it could stick to each other and/or cause ghosting.
The transfers will be super smooth when pressed on poly.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:48:29 AM »
hey and also next time look into making your own transfers.   We just completed a job which had 677 individual names in script and the only viable way to do it was to do our own transfers.  it turned out perfect and very simple process.  we also do screen printed numbers as well.

Offline Big Frank Sports

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 04:10:02 PM »
some advice when putting transfers on the wicking shirts: when doing numbers try to convince the customer to with outline numbers (looks like a 2 color number but not).  Reason being that with a solid number all you are doing is covering up the wicking action of the shirt - might as well do it on a cotton shirt if you are doing that.  Outline numbers will allow the shirt to continue breathing and the wicking action.

Frank
Frank Allnutt
Your Logo, Motto or Photo on just about ANYTHING! 304-982-7159 - don't let the video phone intro SCARE ya!

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »
Frank great idea!

What I noticed when I started doing these that I did NOT warm the shirt up first..It seems like doing that to get the wrinkles out just made the shirt hotter and caused a bit of migration..

I also had to fine tune the temp and time .. a little less time...I think I did 345 at 8 sec.    I have an old national press

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it. 8)

I will be using the Soccer style font which is pretty much an outline font. I'll be screen printing a 2 color white/gold logo on the left chest, and pressing a 4" number mid front center, and an 8" number center back.

I'll report back next week and let you know how it went. My wrists are already thanking me for not having to pull/push that gummy white poly ink.  :P
- Mark