Author Topic: Printing on stained glass...  (Read 1247 times)

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Printing on stained glass...
« on: August 11, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »
This is a pic of a stained glass print sample.. this particular glass is white but have printed on other colors.

Nazdar ADE ink series.. my first samples did not work great..then I found out about the heavy body base and gel retarder...makes it a bit easier..

did a 9x12 and 8x10's...like how the 9x12's came out better..

cell pic doesn't look as good...

maybe couple thousand coming my way? oh crap!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Printing on stained glass...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »
Interesting.  What was your off contact like on that?  What mesh and halftone?

Is that a 1 color black ink on a white glass or do you have some grays in that?

If multiple colors, did you need to flash between or where they water based air dry inks?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Printing on stained glass...
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
I used the 55 1200 elliptical as for tees..

1 color black, no greys, I wish I could flash but for the ADE series it said not too hot, its air dry, with epoxy...i wear a mask..

the heavy body base good, a must for the halftones, makes it so the halftones don't fill out on the glass, and gel retarder so the ink is not so runny.

230 mesh, cranked the off contact up, not sure of the height but with that Black ink laying down it would lift the glass up with the screen, so I spray a touch of adhesive down, (i don't use spray for the shirts, just special things like this..

Also I put a piece of glass behind it. Since the print starts right at the edge of the glass it would be an abrupt start, this way I can put the squeegee down and start the stroke before I even get to the print which made the print stroke more uniform. The screen would peel right up behind the squeegee..