Author Topic: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!  (Read 12269 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: IC Legacy white, totally awesome!!!
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 09:50:00 AM »
Man, Danny, sorry it didn't work out for you. It's been awesome for us. But then again, we aren't dwelling at 1.5 sec, 3 seconds for us on the DB is fast, so I guess this is where like you said, different shop's parameters will experience products in a differnt way. I know for us, it's been better for underbasing. We usually battled inks wanting to come off the UB after about 3 wet on wet colors, but with this, for us, it seems to hold the top coats better. I guess when you start printing at super sonic speeds like you guys are, there may be a need for something faster in the flashing department. :-[ I guess the old say holds true, what works for some is different for others.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 01:22:58 PM »
So with all the rave I decided to give the legacy a shot... While the ink has way above average opacity it just didnt do it for me. I had a 3000 pcs run that I ran the ink on and I battled a few things with it. First being print squeegee speed I had to slow our stroke down approx 25% as the ink body was extremely full forcing me to slow the stroke in order to shear the ink. The next problem was flash time, on a job like this we usually dwell at under 1.5 sec flash time but we could never go under 3 sec dwell with this ink. The next concern for me was the ink likes to sit way on top of the fabric compared to what I like to see. The fibers were suspended in the ink and not matted down as much as id like to see. I went back to our normal white for the 2nd location for this 3000 pcs run which was on same screens(opposite side) and we were back to running faster with better matt down imo. Im def going to play more with the ink before making any conculsions but from the one job ran with it I wasnt jumping with joy... With every shop being so different it's hard to say what works and doesn't imo but this ink so far didn't give me the results I expected.  Sorry to derail the happy train lol

...maybe I should clarify my statement a bit; Granted, it is not THE most opaque I have seen, BUT I think that the opacity-vs-ink shear ratio is better than any other inks I have tested. We use static frames here, which of course are not super hi-tension, so ink shear for us is kind of important. We also use a roller squeegee, so that negates any mat-down issue. And on our press, a DB, a 3-second dwell is no problem.

Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »
I guess the old say holds true, what works for some is different for others.

Exactly!!! That is why manufacturers have so many different whites. The legacy has proven to be a great white, but no one white pleases everyone.
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »
We handed out a bunch of samples any more updates ? We just got a full stock of Ic inks. I am offering 10% to all tsb member on international coatings 7600 series!!!  For the rest of the month.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »
Love the ink! For me, Legacy was brighter, and more opaque than Epic Quick. Creamy texture and smooth shear as well.

So far I've only tested on 110 and 126 mesh. Will try on 160 and 200 in the near future.

Chances are good that Legacy White will be replacing Epic Quick in my shop.

Thanks again Scott for the sample!
- Mark

Offline Dochertyscott

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:46 AM »
I managed to get a quart to sample over here in New Zealand form a Screen Printing company that imports large amounts.
I have so far found it nice. Not as big difference as I expected I guess.
I have previously been using Rutland SF. As good for sure... Better... I dunno.
Perhaps I will notice more of a difference when running on the auto...
Scott

PRINT TO LIVE, LIVE TO PRINT!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
I have only been able to use it on two jobs on the manual.  I really like the ink, and was able to get a great p/f/p 100% opaque and smooth print on a pretty fuzzy heather.  I haven't seen any bleed issue yet.  It prints almost exactly like the poly excel, but is less expensive, so I will probably be buying a 5er soon for my jobs on 100% cotton and some blends.  I agree it wasn't like an "O WOW!" experience vs my normal white, but I also already tested and ruled out a lot of other whites a while ago, so my normal white is already really good for me.  I definitely saw no downsides to the ink though, especially on the manual.  Creamy, mats down well, flashes in plenty of time, opaque, sheers well, etc.  Saving money over my current white is also a plus.

I'd still like to know what white Danny is normally using :D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 08:18:51 AM by mimosatexas »

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »
Love the ink! For me, Legacy was brighter, and more opaque than Epic Quick. Creamy texture and smooth shear as well.

So far I've only tested on 110 and 126 mesh. Will try on 160 and 200 in the near future.

Chances are good that Legacy White will be replacing Epic Quick in my shop.

Thanks again Scott for the sample!

I am glad we were able to help you guys test this white. If you guys need anything else please just let me know.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
I'm testing it here today.  I finally found the perfect job to try it with.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
I'm testing it here today.  I finally found the perfect job to try it with.

I am glad you found a job to try it out on. Please let us know what you think about it.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »
I'm sold.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical because I've used Wilflex epic white for about 2 years.   I've got approximately 3 gallons of wilflex epic left and I'll be purchasing 5 gallons of the legacy.  It's smooth, floods great, flashes 2 seconds faster on a cold pallet and it's extremely opaque.  I also noticed that it has great fiber matte down characteristics as well.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
I'm sold.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical because I've used Wilflex epic white for about 2 years.   I've got approximately 3 gallons of wilflex epic left and I'll be purchasing 5 gallons of the legacy.  It's smooth, floods great, flashes 2 seconds faster on a cold pallet and it's extremely opaque.  I also noticed that it has great fiber matte down characteristics as well.

Good news for all of us!!! Just let us know when you need that 5 gallon pail.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:43 PM »

I dont want to bash the ink but I would gladly send you my five that ran a small order for that 3 gallons of Quick. My 5 of Legacy is a 60 pound paperweight. It might be a good white for a manual printer but it cant hold a candle in the wind to QW on a decent sized run on an auto. It is a get what you pay for white at best. Its bleed resistance is not all that great either.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
Running it on a CH3D and its killing the Quick I loved for so many years!  Different shops, different results I guess.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2014, 10:10:50 PM »
Running it on a CH3D and its killing the Quick I loved for so many years!  Different shops, different results I guess.

Second that! Quick was our fave a couple years ago, doesn't hold up to this Legacy for us either. Different shops, different results stands the test of time I guess. Maybe different press's, and different printers parameters, but for us it's been awesome!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com