Author Topic: 15 jobs one auto one day  (Read 3685 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
15 jobs one auto one day
« on: April 16, 2014, 02:44:07 PM »
Okay they were all 1 color discharge 48 pcs. Squeege/fldbr stay in screens pop in and out. But our cute little vintage GTS came through. Its Resort not contract so that little sucker racked  up a bunch of sweet invoices.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: 15 jobs one auto one day
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Nice! just finishing up our 10th wineglass job on the padprinter today, all the same ink colour makes me happy, just plop a new plate on and keep on printing. Woohoo for Wine season. over 3000 prints with 33 grams of ink and we'll still dump most of it out at the end of the day....

The old Super Primex Padprinter from Taiwan shows no signs of slowing down even though it's over 25 years old.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:18:35 PM »
This is interesting. We average 7-8 setups per day on our diamondback and I've wondered, what is everybody's average?

To give more info, we average 2.5 screens per setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:56:20 PM »
Nice you got to like that, in & out just like that.

Murphy37

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
We average about 13-15 setups per day.  But with all of the different types of jobs we do you have to average at least a few months of production to get an accurate account of what's going on out there.  Yesterday we did 3 jobs before 11am, all one color but 200-300 pieces, 2 locations and then after lunch we knocked out a 7 color sim process, 1100 pieces, one location.  We had a full day of production, worked our butts off but only did 7 setups, 6 of them one colors.  Our average job is over 3 colors, it's like 3.3 over the last 4 months.  It varies from 2.5 to 4 over different time periods but the low 3's is where it usually averages out.   We only used 10 screens yesterday but did in excess of 2000 impressions over 4 jobs.  That's a good day at a one auto shop.  Not a great day, but I'm sure we'd all love to average that over the year.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 09:34:22 AM »
1 color jobs, whew that sounds amazing.  We barely ever do jobs less than 3 colors per side, I think this year just from memory I can only think of 2 jobs that were a 1 color.  Id have to look at my software to see if there were more but I don't think so.  I would say average job for us is at least 5-6 screens per job. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:37:51 AM »
Our Resort line has a ton of 1colors all white discharge. I'm in at 6:00 and set up six jobs on the one little auto. Then we set up all the others, usually with something easy to get a good start to the day. 7:30 hits and all autos printing. Little things like that ensure decent productivity.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 10:49:41 AM »
We setup 3 to 10 screens a day, the orders are small size 36 to 150 and just about always 4 to 5 colors front and back lucky I can gang most left chest prints on the same screens, going from embroidery to screenprint all day.  I would love to print 1 and two color jobs 200 and up all day no flash yeah babbbby!

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:21:34 AM »
Most of our graphics are designed by us and I'm involved in the creative meetings. We want to make things easy for production without compromising final product. Without halftones we have the ability to create four colors with two screens etc.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »
Watch out!  Math!  ;)
Ever do 8 screens for 256 colors, or 10 for 1024?  Sounds like fun...

IIRC, we printed 22 one colors in less than a half day, but all were 15-30 pieces, same color.  Fun, easy, productive day printing, screens were at least a little more work.  ;)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
I'm super impressed by all these numbers and am working hard to get our production up here.  I would love to see us having days like you all described.

For those averaging a 6-12 setups per day on a single auto in the house, what is your staff situation?  i.e., 1 screen tech, 2 operators, 1 catcher?  I'm hiring on the production end right now and am thinking I need a screen/ink tech, a lead printer, second printer and then a catcher on regular staff + part time help for folding/boxing as needed to hit the numbers we need to hit to catch up and keep above water but, for my limited experience with it, I'm in uncharted territory for production at this point. 

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 03:47:16 PM »
3 person crews on all autos.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
3 person crews on all autos.

As in loader/puller....third op is watching ink/doing teardowns and setups?

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 06:03:40 PM »
I'm super impressed by all these numbers and am working hard to get our production up here.  I would love to see us having days like you all described.

For those averaging a 6-12 setups per day on a single auto in the house, what is your staff situation?  i.e., 1 screen tech, 2 operators, 1 catcher?  I'm hiring on the production end right now and am thinking I need a screen/ink tech, a lead printer, second printer and then a catcher on regular staff + part time help for folding/boxing as needed to hit the numbers we need to hit to catch up and keep above water but, for my limited experience with it, I'm in uncharted territory for production at this point.

We pretty much have two dedicated (unload/load, setups, and tear downs) and then a catcher while the press is spinning. The catcher doubles as the shipping/receiving and what not while they are not catching. All of that being said, our two dedicated also sometimes burn and rinse exposed screens, but I help with that as well.

We did 8 setups today with one of our two regulars out today and a "not-as-efficient" person in her place, so still a pretty good day.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 06:28:56 PM »
For our shop I have 6 guys not including front office/artists,etc..... 1 guy making screens, 1 guy doing reclaim, 1 guy at the end of the belt, 1 guy per press, 1 guy floating pulling orders/staging,etc, then myself that floats everywhere but mainly I handle all the setups in the shop along with the press "helper"...... At times we are extremely efficient, for instance last thursday we had several 36-50 pcs jobs. That day we setup 21 jobs on one auto and 17 jobs on the other auto( I consider a front print a job, then a back print another job as they are entirely different setups).... Total amount of screens was 96 screens as a couple jobs were front/backs with 6-8 colors.... So that day we were extremely efficient, one of our best days ever if not our best. Not the two days prior to that I setup 2 jobs total both days as they were several thousand pcs jobs so for our shop it really depends on the day what we have going. Some days we make 5 screens and do 1 setup because the job is really large where other days we do an amazing amount of jobs/setups but real small qtys...... Just depends but I should probably start keeping better track of that stuff, just never looked at it as being real important as long as our presses stay spinning. With the addition of i image ste to our shop we will be doing more setups then ever I'm sure but cts has helped us more then anything anyone can imagine.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse