Author Topic: Can i change Diamondback flood/squeegee stroke direction?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Can i change Diamondback flood/squeegee stroke direction?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
I'd be interested in a thread discussing the nitty gritty details of how people are getting such insane screen open time.  If I'm printing matsui through a 230 or 280 with any kind of halftones, and I don't soft flood, it will dry-in in less than 10 minutes.  That is mixed with water and printgen.  Even with a soft flood I get dryin around 20-30 minutes on detail, and the screen is a mess from the ink settling through due to gravity.  An hour is simply not doable.  I understand the idea of fully clearing the screen, but in practice even with a clearing stroke, it isnt 100% clear, and that invisible 1 or 2% that didnt fully clear adds up over time causing blockage.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »
The better DC inks in which Glycerin and other products are added to the homogenization process are designed to re-wet themselves after 2 or 3 test prints.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »
I'd be interested in a thread discussing the nitty gritty details of how people are getting such insane screen open time.  If I'm printing matsui through a 230 or 280 with any kind of halftones, and I don't soft flood, it will dry-in in less than 10 minutes.  That is mixed with water and printgen.  Even with a soft flood I get dryin around 20-30 minutes on detail, and the screen is a mess from the ink settling through due to gravity.  An hour is simply not doable.  I understand the idea of fully clearing the screen, but in practice even with a clearing stroke, it isnt 100% clear, and that invisible 1 or 2% that didnt fully clear adds up over time causing blockage.

Start one! Splitting these threads can be really tough sometimes.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »
Start with looking up "hydroscopic"

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:19 PM »
*hygroscopic...

Steve, I've seen no mention of you using an "S" thread mesh?
Dale Hoyal

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 03:02:39 PM »
We've been using a 140S for the discharges. (Haven't had any fine detail just yet) For the very rare straight waterbase, 99% of them on towels, it's a 110S. Unfortunately, since it's spring, and we all know that means crazy busy, we can't spend as much time as we'd like, too much to get out the door. And, I will be looking up both Hydroscopic and Hygroscopic, because they both sound right, LOL.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't