Author Topic: what we have printed lately  (Read 4086 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
what we have printed lately
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:50:05 PM »
I have no business posting in this topic as I will not live long enough to print the killer  stuff that some of you guys and gals pump out every day but for you garage guys and guppies like me we got lucky on some spot color stuff, 4 colors on navy blue gildan 2000.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
Re: what we have printed lately
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:51:30 PM »
That's nice man!
Clean detail in the eagle.
Sometimes the "content" matters more than the complexity anyways, eh?

Offline starchild

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:49:37 PM »
In the real tee shirt wearing world the complicated stuff isn't as coveted as the spot color stuff though..

Sent using Tapatalk

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »
I have no business posting in this topic as I will not live long enough to print the killer  stuff that some of you guys and gals pump out every day but for you garage guys and guppies like me we got lucky on some spot color stuff, 4 colors on navy blue gildan 2000.
mooseman

Printing that can be every bit as tough as the sim process stuff if done right.  And by right I mean with the least amount of work your press will allow.  On a 10 color servo/AC that's one revolution and one print stroke per color and on the dryer.  A 6 color would mean that the old revolver mode would probably be used but sometimes that's what has to be done.  The most important thing is the quality and getting the job done on time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 07:35:45 AM »
good job gone bad........custy picked these up yesterday loved them said hey make me 5 more 2xl shirts no hurry.
We say sorry, setup is down ,  screens are gone, job is done, can't set up a 4 color job for 5 shirts.
Custy..... but you print these every year you know I will order again next year why don't you keep the screens and why can't you re-use them?

we get a screen from the print shop and try to explain the process....custy does not want to hear it and is not happy.
Now here is the real rub.......
I have the deepest respect for Veterans especially the Fallen Heroes. While I know the Cemetery sells these shirts for profit I  print  24 - 30 shirts a year 4 colors one side for $11.50 each. No screen charges no art charges no set up fees just $11.50 per shirt

My custy is a retired Navy Exec. or something, now a bureaucrat, stands in my shop issuing orders and not taking back talk while starring at me through totally dark sunglasses and expresses his disappointment in not being able to get 5 more 2XL shirts that he neglected to include in his 30 shirt order!!!!!

Takes the box under arm turns and struts out my door telling me he will submit the invoice to the organization for process.

I love our Vets and I would never show disrespect to anyone who served  for this great country and handed me my freedom on a silver platter. I always say to ever Vet every chance I get .......................I GET TO BE HERE BECAUSE YOU WERE THERE....THANKYOU.

At this point however I can't see myself feeling good about printing this job again.

mooseman :-\
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:17 AM »
I hate to hear that Mooseman, the print looked nice. I also have customers that just don't understand, I try to explain to the women customers that its like baking a cake, if you don't make enough mix for 2 cakes you have to go through the whole process again in making the second cake. Seems to get through to some of them others not. All in all you were correct.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:21:05 AM »
Sometimes you cant win. That Octopus print we did last wk matched the poster exactly after one or two tweaks (one of my ops calls it "Twerks"). Customer came in with an offset cover of the playbill which did not match the poster and wanted us to match that. 8 hours later we managed to make it look entirely different.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 10:21:33 AM »
Sometimes you cant win. That Octopus print we did last wk matched the poster exactly after one or two tweaks (one of my ops calls it "Twerks"). Customer came in with an offset cover of the playbill which did not match the poster and wanted us to match that. 8 hours later we managed to make it look entirely different.

So they wanted the colors more dull?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
Obviously the playbill was printed CYMK and couldn't capture the complex hues. So yes it became flat and dull. But it matched. Why I'll never know. Why would the end buyer give a crap. My separator has this problem with certain people in the entertainment industry.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
It's hard to explain to people whats printed on paper is a different monster printed on a cotton T-shirt with inks from a bucket and not a inkcart from an inkjet printer.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 03:13:26 PM »
I think well crafted flat spot colors can be just as beautiful as graduated tones, just a different kind of beautiful. That is one sharp print.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't