Author Topic: CYMK Ink Question  (Read 4555 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
CYMK Ink Question
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:03:42 PM »
Ok I've been using your standard cymk inks from union, but I've read some post where some of you have been using triple blend cymk, what are the pros and cons.  I've got to buy some new cymk and just thought about going with the triple.

Darryl
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:12:51 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: CYMK Ink Question
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 12:06:16 PM »
its exactly as it sounds, TRIPLE STRENTGH.  Cons are it stinks and hard to clean.  But the prints are better for us!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 12:17:19 PM »
Sent you a PM 3Deep.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
Sent you a PM 3Deep.

Awe come on share with the board, its what it is here for. Unless you are trying to steer him towards another ink brand.

Union X3 process works awesome but like said stinks and might be a little over powering with color depending on the design.
"No man is an island"

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 01:03:35 PM »
lol.  Well I have a couple sample sets of 3x process inks sitting around i was going to send him a set; so he could just play around with them, and see the difference.  They are much more tacky.  I am a fan of just letting people try stuff and getting feedback.
Kevin Wilson

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »
other than regular pigment, the 3x has additional colors (like the neons) in the ink to make it brighter. 'not sure how they print, I have a set here, but never even opened them!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »
As far as I know Unions are the only SWOP approved CYMK inks for textiles. Triple strength allows you to base them back to adjust for saturation. Which is a bandaid for seps that do not take dot gain under consideration or are just plain over saturated. Having different base to process inks around the shop becomes chaotic unless you thoroughly document and label.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
here goes a few

If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
So on the 3X CMYK is it possible to not underbase on some lighter color garments? And if so has anyone done it and on what colors? Not that I'm afraid to underbase I'm just being lazy.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »
Not it's intended use but its possible. The print will tint slightly to the garment color. They are 3X but still transparent

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
Somebody's got to say it- those are awesome!!!!

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 02:58:18 PM »
Awesome indeed!......... Midwest told me they had to get the 3X from Union because they don't stock it (along with a lot of other stuff) and a 2 week delivery. Any info on who else might have some in stock.......... Thanks.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »

huh? Look few posts up!

lol.  Well I have a couple sample sets of 3x process inks sitting around i was going to send him a set; so he could just play around with them, and see the difference.  They are much more tacky.  I am a fan of just letting people try stuff and getting feedback.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2014, 03:09:09 PM »
Mr Pierre.......... perhaps you didn't notice when I said I was just being lazy. Just kiddin', I will try to have a little more situational awareness from now on and thank you for pointing that out. So how about that frrreeeeee  sample Kevin.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
I have two sample sets left.

Email me your contact info and I will get them out today.

kevinwilson@rivercitygraphicsupply.com.

Just to be clear though our 3x process colors strength are manufactured by InkTek out of Wisconsin, and I do stock them in the gallons for one customer who likes and uses them, however that is the only person I have got feedback from them on.  (These are pretty new to me)
Kevin Wilson