Author Topic: CYMK Ink Question  (Read 4531 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: CYMK Ink Question
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2014, 03:50:53 PM »
Finally had a chance to print with Kevwilson 3x inks he sent me samples of, I did not use an underbase just straight on the shirt 230 mesh cts and one stroke except for the yellow 2 on that. All in all looks nice to me could have been way better, but I'm not as good of a sep guy as Dottone who normally does my seps, but I wanted to try this myself.  The main thing is Kevins ink did a very good job and no bad smell that I get when using union's cymk I even had to dial the squeege pressure back.  If this sounds like a plug for Kev and Rivercitygraphic Supply it is!!!! oh and the ink is Phthalate compliant for those that have to have that, which I know we all are one day.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2014, 06:17:33 PM »
Finally had a chance to print with Kevwilson 3x inks he sent me samples of, I did not use an underbase just straight on the shirt 230 mesh cts and one stroke except for the yellow 2 on that. All in all looks nice to me could have been way better, but I'm not as good of a sep guy as Dottone who normally does my seps, but I wanted to try this myself.  The main thing is Kevins ink did a very good job and no bad smell that I get when using union's cymk I even had to dial the squeege pressure back.  If this sounds like a plug for Kev and Rivercitygraphic Supply it is!!!! oh and the ink is Phthalate compliant for those that have to have that, which I know we all are one day.

Darryl

Thanks for the positive feedback on the inks!  Like I said these 3X Processsare pretty new to us; and I hadn't heard much on them since we only initially stocked them for one customer here in town.   
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »
That's a good looking print D.  I don't know if there was another print you were trying to copy like a picture/poster but on it's own it looks great.  The chick is yellow, the oranges are orange, the green is green, the blue is blue, can't see anything that would lead me to believe you don't know exactly what you're doing. 

I am lucky enough to have Kevin a 15 minute drive from me.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2014, 06:22:17 PM »
And I'm almost out of 4CP ink so I'll be picking some of this up in the next month or so. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
Thanks alan for the kind words.  I have them here stocked when you are ready.

Kevin
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com