Author Topic: Emulsion ?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Emulsion ?
« on: July 02, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »
I've thought about this before but never really did any research to find out, but is there any long term or harm pouring emulsion back in the bucket after coating screens over a period of time.  I know I've done this for years and just wondering does it make the emulsion weaker, if I'm correct though light really does not effect emulsion in it's liquid form or am I wrong.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Emulsion ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 01:00:35 PM »
I pour it back in.
I would worry more about actual contamination (especially the little dried bits that can happen on the edge of the container, as well as the edge of the coater if enough time lapses)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:11:53 PM »
when i coat I pour some in the scoop and when I am done i pour it back in the bucket, then rinse the scoop out with water this way it is clean for the next use.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:25:14 PM »
Hello Darryl,

Yes emulsion is sensitive in liquid form.  Normal yellow bug lights contain very little UV light, and typically you could coat 20 screens under white flourescents with little effect.  If it does get exposed it thickens and down line you may see a drop in resolution quality as well as some lumpiness in the liquid indicating it is getting exposed. 
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com