Author Topic: 1 colour white on darks plastisol.  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Dochertyscott

Re: 1 colour white on darks plastisol.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 05:18:16 AM »
Yep, ventilation is something I can and will suss out ideally in the next couple of weeks so I can get into this Discharge bizzo.
We are slammed with some decent sized orders which is great. Most of which are 1 colour white on darks.
Yeah I'm kinda around x72 or so to bother setting up another screen thus far. I like the tip of a slight grey UB, I did have a good few goes trying to figure out which screen I had to tweak on a small print with thin lines.
Checking where the mesh didn't clear helps but not as straight forward as a tinted Underbase that's for sure.
I called my usual ink supplier who stock Rutland and queried on getting some discharge inks... It's not a common printing practice over here and they didn't know a lot about it. They said they have the Rutland discharge base and some crystals... The main ink tech was away and returns Wednesday so will talk to him then. Do Rutland offer a colour mixing DC system or is it just a DC base that you then have to print WB over top? I'd be keen to get into it as it's something that will be a nice challenge at set me apart form other printers around here. Can you safely print a based down plasti over DC base to give a at least softer hand than a plasti base?
Rockers if you can give me the details for the Aussie CCI distributor that'd be great. From what I've read here the flo range seems nice... Well... all but the orange... Eeek. (Hope you can get to the bottom of that TCT)
Thanks for all the advice.

Scott
Scott

PRINT TO LIVE, LIVE TO PRINT!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 06:49:04 AM »
Rutland DCs are PC/Based

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 08:28:26 AM »

From what I've read here the flo range seems nice... Well... all but the orange... Eeek. (Hope you can get to the bottom of that TCT)

Scott

The CCI D-Flo are amazingly vivid and I am finding out it was most likely a "in house" issue not necessarily a ink issue:'(

Here is a link to some guys in Australia, I know they have the Virus discharge system... www.colourcomponents.com.au
They are super nice people!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 10:26:32 AM »
We're at about 150.  It takes about 20 minutes FOR US to reclaim, coat, put film on, burn, develop, dry, tape, register, sq, fb, ink, tape up regi marks, test print X 1,2,3 (depends on the shop), the teardown sq, fb, ink, de-tape, de-ink, and that's about it.  As you can see, I think 20 minutes per screen is actually a little low when it comes to what it ACTUALLY takes to put a second screen into production.  So how many shirts can you print in that 20-30 minutes with one screen that it takes you to add the additional screen?  We can normally do about 150 but a more complicated job might only be 100/20 minutes.  I made a chart years ago that had our production rates and the break even point was right around 150 with average production rates. 

Some of you guys with 50 being the break even point probably have extremely fast setups, maybe CTS or a great regi system and can reclaim 25-30 screens per hour.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »

From what I've read here the flo range seems nice... Well... all but the orange... Eeek. (Hope you can get to the bottom of that TCT)

Scott

The CCI D-Flo are amazingly vivid and I am finding out it was most likely a "in house" issue not necessarily a ink issue:'(

Here is a link to some guys in Australia, I know they have the Virus discharge system... [url=http://www.colourcomponents.com.au]www.colourcomponents.com.au[/URL]
They are super nice people!

They might need a better webdesigner though. That page is terrible.