Author Topic: Simple Screen Room Build - Advice?  (Read 3188 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Simple Screen Room Build - Advice?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2014, 12:43:06 PM »
I'll snap a pic this afternoon.  They are designed to have minimal contact with the frame and dry everything vertically and with space between the frames.  It also has box fans attached to the back.  It will dry a soaking wet screen in about 10-15 minutes, and a squeegeed off post exposure washout screen in about 5.  gravity and airflow together rock!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 02:03:37 PM »
if wood in a concern you can always give it a light sand a coat of oil based primer or poly.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 06:14:21 PM »
When I had my shop we built racks into the wall using wood.  They worked great but the issue I have found is all racking needs to be movable.  Dust is the cause of most pinholes and fisheyes. Rolling racks are great since you can move them out of the way, transport 15-20 screens at once, and most importantly; clean the screen room floor.  We had a policy of mopping the floor at the end of every shift and not storing anything in the screen drying room that was not needed, which is basically a hygrometer/thermometer a dehumidifier and a fan placed high along a wall.  Less junk = faster dry times and better air circulation. Rolling rack is also the way to transport S mesh as long as the rails it rests on are smooth and free of metal burrs and the rail hits the midpoint of the frame and never touches the mesh.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »
I honestly will probably do the wall rails and use rolling racks.  The wall rails will be necessary for my all over and flat stock screens, but my standard 23x31's will likely live in rolling racks.  I will probably dust/mob every Friday or Monday depending on how my scheduling gets set up.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 09:32:34 PM »
I'll snap a pic this afternoon.  They are designed to have minimal contact with the frame and dry everything vertically and with space between the frames.  It also has box fans attached to the back.  It will dry a soaking wet screen in about 10-15 minutes, and a squeegeed off post exposure washout screen in about 5.  gravity and airflow together rock!

Looking forward to checking it out... I'm about to build some racks myself and could use some inspiration.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2014, 09:43:43 PM »
I posted these a while ago on a different thread but here are some of when we made our new screen room-
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Not super fancy, but it works!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
I posted these a while ago on a different thread but here are some of when we made our new screen room-

Not super fancy, but it works!

Your forum tagging skills suck. :-p

Offline Rick Roth

• Administrator
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »
If you have a fan out of the room, make sure there is a way to get air into the room, preferably from the driest part of your shop (office with AC, etc.)

I have been in many shops, even sophisticated ones that build rooms or closets and don't think about air flow. A fan out of the room will just create negative pressure and no air flow if the room is tight.

On any kind of drying closet or room, have the fan in have a filter and be stronger than the fan out, that keeps dust from coming in the room so much by creating positive pressure.

Make sure your racks don't cause sliding in a screen to block all the air flow.

We make our drying closets for reclaimed screens out of electrical conduit and rubberized clothes line verticals and dry the screens vertically. Our drying racks for emulsion screens are wider than the screens and deeper as well and we put them in on two opposing corners, not along the sides. That allows air flow through the whole closet. We have box fans on top and a small heater and then a few pipes on the bottom to let air out that vent to the outside.

Hydrometer is essential You cannot tell the humidity of the room without it. Humans cannot tell the difference between 30% humidity and 60% in a screen room but screens can. I think a cheap one is fine.

We separate reclaim and the rest of the screen room and have a pass through closet. So the dirty and very wet side doesn't mess with the dry clean side. We have both AC and dehumidifiers. Sometimes if too humid you will freeze before you can lower the humidity enough with just AC.

Rick Roth
Mirror Image Inc      Pawtucket, RI 
New blog: theinkkitchen.com
twitter: @TheInkKitchen
mirrorimage.com   and   monkeyfishprinting.com