Author Topic: CCI WB/DC RED...anyone care to share their formula?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

CCI WB/DC RED...anyone care to share their formula?
« on: July 22, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
...I have a order in-house that is a good candidate for a WB/DC job (I am careful what I attempt this on). Black G5000's, white and red front print. I wanna try printing both colors as discharge, but have read (and heard) a lot of crap about getting a good bright red. Anyone wanna share a proven formula? I need a red like a GA Bulldog kinda red, typical 186-C'ish would do. Just wanna take out a few trial steps first if I can , yknow?

...thanks gang!!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: CCI WB/DC RED...anyone care to share their formula?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
FORGET IT!!! Me and the rep spent a full day trying to make that and Sericol out of the bucket KILLs it everytime.  If you do succeed, share with me.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »
Our CCI red mix was just right out of the book, roughly 25% pig load, activate at 3 to 4.5%.

Sericol makes some great reds but on many garments they wanted to turn a little pink on us which always annoyed me.

The red 185c we're getting out of Rutland is great too.

I believe it's really about balancing the pigment load and the activator to the fabric that you're working with.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:20:10 PM »
I'm not at the shop now so I can't look up our exact formula, but I do remember like Zoo said the pigment load is up there!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »
I third the motion on a high pigment load.  We've found its the only way to get a strong red that lasts with our Matsui system.  I don't have our formulas in front of me, but we probably run at least twice the pigment recommended by the mixing software.

When in doubt, PIG OUT!    ;D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 12:26:45 AM »
Yes, a much larger pigment load. Sometimes two if not three times as much for reds. That seems to be common across all brands as the activator destroys red pigment. I will mention and this is just my opinion with loads that high a "fixer" can help with wash resistance. Does wonders on 50/50 raglans for example.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 06:40:43 AM »
We have about eight red formulas (not CCI) that pretty much cover the gamut of what is usually required. Not a problem but cannot share publicly. I believe CCI is working on a more pure red pig for ease of use.

Online Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:58 AM »
redest red that ever red in my shop is Sericol, 50% red yellow shade and 50% red blue shade....3.0% activator...ain't never seen a red redder than that there red.

CCI rep stopped by a while back, I popped open my sericol, he got out the pigs. I won.....and I love me some CCI so I wish i liked it, but I just don't.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »
50% rubine and 50% orange has gotten us a decent rich red using 20% pigment load, we never really tried a higher pigment load but will after reading the above comments.

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2014, 09:04:18 AM »
CCI is working on an "out of the bottle" Red pigment. We have a specific formula we use that our rep has tried to squeeze out of us for a long time.
I support many of the high pigment load + low activation recommendations. Experiment and do wash tests.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 10:36:25 AM »
CCI is working on an "out of the bottle" Red pigment. We have a specific formula we use that our rep has tried to squeeze out of us for a long time.
I support many of the high pigment load + low activation recommendations. Experiment and do wash tests.

Gary actually has a new formula that was used to print for the world cup.  I haven't tried it though.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender