Author Topic: just pulled the trigger on Ultraseps  (Read 10882 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
just pulled the trigger on Ultraseps
« on: August 14, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
no software will be pushbutton (At least not the level we are looking for), but after spending 6 hours separating a high end piece of art yesterday I decided to run it through the US. The results were strikingly similar to what I had and only took 30 seconds to get them. My guess is there was still an hour or so worth of tweaking left, but if it saves an hour getting started it's worth the money.
I should add that both seps were done using the HSB printing and the results were very good, much better than anticipated. We will run next few prints that way and see how it compares to the traditional RGB/CMYK blending model. So far, so good!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: just pulled the trigger on Ultraseps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
It's one of the better sep programs

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 01:01:09 PM »
Love to hear how you like it after some time. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »
I'll post this in an announcement section too, but Steve is running the special on the US at $299. At this price it is a no brainer! The discount code is 2990 (enter it during checkout). He was gracious enough to extend it for us as it was ending today. Anybody on the fence about getting it, now is the time.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
I'll post this in an announcement section too, but Steve is running the special on the US at $299. At this price it is a no brainer! The discount code is 2990 (enter it during checkout). He was gracious enough to extend it for us as it was ending today. Anybody on the fence about getting it, now is the time.

pierre

When does it end?  We use Sep Studio and it works well on some things but I see areas it could be better.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »
That's what I use, you do have some tweaking to do, but it seems to do a pretty good job. I almost bought sep studio, but after sepping several test pieces through the demo, the results from Ultra seemed to have better seps.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 02:12:35 PM »

pierre

When does it end?  We use Sep Studio and it works well on some things but I see areas it could be better.

about another week. . .

pierre

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »
That's what I use, you do have some tweaking to do, but it seems to do a pretty good job. I almost bought sep studio, but after sepping several test pieces through the demo, the results from Ultra seemed to have better seps.

Demo on the site?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 02:31:17 PM »
That's the skinny I get so far. US seems to be the fhashizzel.

I've tried as many as possible just to know and seems like most all I run into using sep programs use this one. That alone doesn't mean it (the best). Just most commonly used.

Again tho, as I always say. With all of them, they can't do the trick (on all jobs).  Some art files art "ideal" for sep programs and other jobs just can't be done with any quality with a sep program. Take a licensed product design with 8-14 specific colors. Doing "blending" of 6-8 colors like a CMYK job just isn't going to do it. Flat elements of unique color are hard ones. Stuff like that.same thing for any of the new sep programs.

I say a shop should have (one of these). What one to me, doesn't matter that much. You get really great results one job and the next is iffy then another good one then a horrible one and repeat.
They are good for helping you to learn

These are great for shops that are doing the basic customer jobs.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:09 PM »
We had for years Quik Seps Pro and upgraded to UltraSeps when it first came out. We use it in some capacity almost daily. In my opinion it is well worth the money. It's definitely a time saver even if it doesn't get you all the way there.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »
We use it quite a bit, and right out of the box the seps are useful. But if you have a lot of experience that some of us do, there is always tweaking, but literally hours of time is saved when you don't have to pull the channels manually. And there are a lot of other very useful functions in the software too, not just making separations. And the times I've written to Steve with any questions, he's gotten back very promptly.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 05:33:36 PM »
I've been using QS ever since the first one came out, totally agree with what Steve said great program right out the box....if I could put Dot Tone and a few other seps guys on here in a box I'd have a kickazz program 8)

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

Demo on the site?

Yes you can dl a fully active 14 day demo from ryonet of sep studio
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 10:18:13 PM »
Steve offers the demo version too. It might not hurt to download and try as there are  few days before the discount expires.

pierre

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 11:03:44 PM »
We had for years Quik Seps Pro and upgraded to UltraSeps when it first came out. We use it in some capacity almost daily. In my opinion it is well worth the money. It's definitely a time saver even if it doesn't get you all the way there.

Same here.  I've had Ultraseps a couple years now and find it does a good job most of the time.  Definitely a time saver. 

I will admit though I just recently purchased Mitch Different's pdf on manually separating and plan to go through it to try and find some of the tricks of trying to do it myself better than using the wand and Color Range.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers