Author Topic: Equipment Regrets?  (Read 5468 times)

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
Re: Equipment Regrets?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
having too many sizes of screen frames

This too.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:43 PM »
Leasing our first auto with a $1 buyout.  Man we paid way more for that press than we should have.  We upgraded before the lease ended and had to pay off the lease in order to sell it.  Our two upgrades were cash and it felt sooooooooo much better.  I guess you have to start somewhere and that first auto helped get us to where we are now so I guess it wasn't all bad.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 10:09:22 PM »
using a homemade exposure unit toooo long over my msp3140

That I can relate... still my favorite piece of gear in my shop!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 10:10:55 PM »
Leasing our first auto with a $1 buyout.  Man we paid way more for that press than we should have.  We upgraded before the lease ended and had to pay off the lease in order to sell it.  Our two upgrades were cash and it felt sooooooooo much better.  I guess you have to start somewhere and that first auto helped get us to where we are now so I guess it wasn't all bad.

You mean vs not borrowing at all?

Because when I'm done I'll be about 25% over purchase price.  That's not too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 08:51:26 AM »
leasing a copy machine. >:(

don't even get me going on this piece of chit....spend 3-4k and buy a decent one and end it....

I want to pearl harbor the salesman in the parking lot...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 08:54:05 AM »
using a homemade exposure unit toooo long over my msp3140

That I can relate... still my favorite piece of gear in my shop!

Same here... except we went from a FL unit with foam hold down (no vacuum) to a Starlight.

I almost over-research every purchase we make, so I'm happy with just about every piece of equipment we have used, and they all have made us money.

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »
panel frames...i bought 5 of them....and two of them refuse to keep the mesh locked in..coated the screens..loaded in the press..came back the next day the meshes were popped out...sent the meshes back thinking they were defective.....loaded the new ones in...same thing...kept popping out....this was two years ago....those two frames been setting unused...i was thinking of sending the frames back and get a refund or replace them but screw it..got tired of dealing with the company and the phone calls....and yes i loaded the meshes with the tool built for it....the other 3 never gave me a problem but i hold back on using them if i can help it...I feel any moment they will pop out.

id be willing to sell them cheap if anyone wants to take a chance on them...id like them all gone.
Mark

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
leasing a copy machine. >:(

don't even get me going on this piece of chit....spend 3-4k and buy a decent one and end it....

I want to pearl harbor the salesman in the parking lot...

My favorite with those guys, is 3 months after you've had the machine and you call up about a problem.  They go, "Oh, well you have the OLD model, the new model doesn't have that issue blah blah blah"  B!TCH!, you JUST sold me this crap!!!!

I see it all the time with my clients.

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 09:15:47 AM »
Some folks should have regrets for not buying equipment sooner versus later.....Over the years I have talked many folks that have been reluctant to take on lease payments for an automatic press....Even though in many cases a press like that will save enough in labour to pay for itself and/or give them a life....

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:44 AM »
Some folks should have regrets for not buying equipment sooner versus later.....Over the years I have talked many folks that have been reluctant to take on lease payments for an automatic press....Even though in many cases a press like that will save enough in labour to pay for itself and/or give them a life....

I agree. Number 1 regret since starting screen printing is not starting with a Auto for me. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 09:24:41 AM »
panel frames...i bought 5 of them....and two of them refuse to keep the mesh locked in..coated the screens..loaded in the press..came back the next day the meshes were popped out...sent the meshes back thinking they were defective.....loaded the new ones in...same thing...kept popping out....this was two years ago....those two frames been setting unused...i was thinking of sending the frames back and get a refund or replace them but screw it..got tired of dealing with the company and the phone calls....and yes i loaded the meshes with the tool built for it....the other 3 never gave me a problem but i hold back on using them if i can help it...I feel any moment they will pop out.

id be willing to sell them cheap if anyone wants to take a chance on them...id like them all gone.

manual our auto size frames? there's a trick to them....

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 05:37:54 PM »

I'll definitely agree with you here. I understand why I did what I did, but if I could go back to day 1 of moving out of the house, knowing what I know now, I would have leased an 8/10 ac/servo auto.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2014, 01:05:16 AM »
Taking over a year to wire and plumb my 7.5 hp dual stage compressor!

Ended up being of course SUPER easy and would have been even easier if I wasn't too cheap to just buy the right drill bits (guess that's another regret there).

Not completely done by any means, but it's wired, and plumbed into the building (Thanks Brian aka BinkSpot).  Just need a few more attachments and some filters blah blah blah.

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »

manual our auto size frames? there's a trick to them....

23 x 31's

what is the trick?..the three that have given me zero problems, i did not load the meshes any differently than on the two that keep popping off the frame.
Mark

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2014, 08:36:50 AM »
@ Mark - if I tell you the trick, I won't be able to take them off your hands for 5 bucks each hahaha..... ;D

pm me a price, I'll take them off your hands..