Author Topic: Affliction Type Prints  (Read 1016 times)

Offline travis.hoyme

• Verified/Junior
Affliction Type Prints
« on: August 29, 2014, 12:23:01 AM »
Are the prints on these types of shirts water base or plastisol?  They seem to have a very soft hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Affliction Type Prints
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »
Water!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:43:26 AM »
Water/discharge would be the choice for most retail oriented prints especially the affliction style prints, but any printer doing an affliction style print for a high school can print it in plastisol.  Affliction is more of a trend/brand and of course can be printed using many techniques.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:46:20 AM »
You'll want all over platens, and to make it easiest to pull off, discharge is the way to go... no need to worry about flashing... no need to worry about underbaseing...

and who wants to wear a HUGE plastisol print across the entire shirt anyways?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:49:18 AM »
That's how we do it. We have the retractable sleeve boards however this was done on the half wing version I designed for Action Engineering. 3 color DC w/Waterwash

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 12:42:10 PM »
Most of the Affliction shirts I have seen are Plastisol and foil. To be honest I don't think I have seen one in all discharge. They started out on American Apparel shirts but now are their own cut and sew. I forget what printer it is but the line was started by a screen printing shop owner in California. Just texted the guy that told me. Its the owner of Massive Screen Printing.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
You'll want all over platens, and to make it easiest to pull off, discharge is the way to go... no need to worry about flashing... no need to worry about underbaseing...

and who wants to wear a HUGE plastisol print across the entire shirt anyways?

Plastisols are not always heavy. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 03:06:34 PM »
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender