Author Topic: Roller Squeegee teflon sheet question  (Read 817 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Roller Squeegee teflon sheet question
« on: August 31, 2014, 08:51:34 PM »
How are you guys stick the teflon sheet to the back of the screen? We tried first to just tape it around the edges but I found that due to the weight of the sheet it will after a while star to hang down the screen in the center. Then we used double sided tape underneath the whole sheet and stuck that to a coated screen but still it will release slightly which left it now with some bad creases in the center which I find hard to get out of the sheet.
Any advise or pictures would be appreciated.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
Re: Roller Squeegee teflon sheet question
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:47:10 AM »
good luck, i dont have any advise for you. we tried everything just short of super glue...we tried the tack and tape method that they suggested when i bought it...eh didnt work out to well, like you it sagged in the middle got caught on a pallet and creased the heck out of it....What i've been using is a piece of lexan clamped in with the screen that has no mesh in it...working really well..the lexan has just enough flex for the off contact...
Hoogie...

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »
i use a regular teflon sheet that you would use for heat pressing. I found the Action one too heavy to hold to the screen with doing a whole lot of creative application. I just taped mine with Duct tape, the actual shiny silver stuff that you use on a duct, not the stuff you use in everyday practices. had it on a screen for maybe a year (for as long as I've had a roller) and its still there and I use my roller far more often than I would like

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 09:25:38 AM »
hope these help