Author Topic: Kruzer issue  (Read 2377 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Kruzer issue
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:56:22 PM »
If some of you remember we purchased a kruzer a couple of weeks ago. After we got it moved in, and set up, we noticed that it was really wobbly. I called our rep at M&R and he is trying to get to the bottom of it, but he is on vacation this week!

So i was wondering for those of you that have kruzers, are you seeing any wobble in your pallet arms, or screen carousel?

I've made a short video, (that you get to see my killer beach bod in), that shows the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fel-nSr5_G4&feature=youtu.be

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Kruzer issue
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:03:19 PM »
I think you can tighten that center bolt that keep the top of the carousel on.

Other than that... welcome to a Kruzer.

Ours was never completely stable.  And that arm flex was normal on ours.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:28 PM »
Is the wobble merely disconcerting, or does it screw up registration? ie; does everything wobble together in relation to itself?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:08:46 PM »
That isn't normal...

I'll try to take a video of mine, but that center wobble doesnt exist on mine.  You can flex the whole press with enough force, but it doesnt affect registration and I wouldnt call it a wobble.

My guess would be it isn't put together properly or there is a defect.  Might be why the guy was selling it so cheap.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:16:59 PM »
My best guess is that in that center carousel there is some sort of spacer missing. Like between where bearings and a nut would be. Just a guess though.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 01:18:25 PM »
We took it apart, and put it back together, and it's more solid than it was, but there is def. something still not sitting correctly. I'm wondering if a bearing cap isn't seating correctly.

The guy who sold it had no idea what the press was to be honest, but the guy who put it together, did not do a great job with it.
Night Owls

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:00 PM »
Our Kruzer does not do this. My guess is a bearing is not fully seated.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »
I agree with the issue being a bearing. Hard to tell from the video. Couldn't focus on the press with that hot bod there!!! ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
or it might be a a set of bad bearings or some bearings balls missing, my old workhorse  oddessey press had some flex, but I fix it and it is steady as a rock and mine was bought  spanking brand new :)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:40 PM »
If some of you remember we purchased a kruzer a couple of weeks ago. After we got it moved in, and set up, we noticed that it was really wobbly. I called our rep at M&R and he is trying to get to the bottom of it, but he is on vacation this week!

So i was wondering for those of you that have kruzers, are you seeing any wobble in your pallet arms, or screen carousel?

I've made a short video, (that you get to see my killer beach bod in), that shows the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fel-nSr5_G4&feature=youtu.be

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Press is not assembled properly. I think you are missing a spacer in the center shaft that sits on top of the bearing. Follow the directions in the owners manual or call me and I will walk you through it. I will be in that plant this afternoon.
Rich Hoffman

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
Thanks mr. hoffman! will call you later today!
Night Owls

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
Thanks mr. hoffman! will call you later today!
Never heard from you. How is the Kruzer now?
Rich Hoffman

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
Sorry I didn't get a chance to mess with this until later in the day, after 6pm central.

We took it apart and rebuilt it around 4 times last night, without any success. Then out of the blue Rich N (who was helping our rep who was on vacation), told me a tech was coming down in the morning to take a look at it.

Ryan, an M&R tech came down and Dallas, and we rebuilt this press in about an hour. Seemed like there was a score, or possible burr in the center shaft that I didn't catch, that wasn't allowing one of the bearings to be seated correctly.

Having an M&R tech come out of the blue was so unexpected. M&R didn't need to do that, and honestly we would have just waited for a tech to help us with it after the G3 install later this month. They went above and beyond for their customers, and I'm super happy we decided to switch to team blue.
Night Owls

Offline sleepydoesit

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:45:04 PM »
Hey guys. First time using the site, but I found this thread when I Google searched the issue I am having with my brand new Kruzer wobbling. Decided to post here because you seem to have had the exact problem that I am currently having, and I even noticed an issue with the center shaft as I was constructing.

Anyway, I see that M&R sent a tech out and that is epic but I am still curious what the rep did in order to fix the issue.

I will be contacting a rep tomorrow morning but am curious now. I doubt I get a response before tomorrow morning but maybe someone else will find this thread again in the future.

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:40 AM »
We assembled this manual press during the summer, by watching the how to videos on you tube.
Check them out to see what you're missing, and be patient.