Author Topic: Platen Tape not coming off...  (Read 3278 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
Re: Platen Tape not coming off...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »
Elite is their in-house brand for different items. I wonder if someone knows who may actually make that tape they re-label.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:36:33 PM »
I sell 18" x 300' rolls for $48.15 ea.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:53 PM »
Any good?

The stuff we have now shreds just trying to unroll it!

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »
Man, I wish I could tell y'all the brand of tape I use, but I bought a big roll years ago from Graphic Solutions Group.

Since I'm pretty much a part time printer, I know tape stays on my pallets (formica covered, not rubber) for up to 6 months, probably longer and while the tape does come off in large pieces, I never had the horror stories you guys are talking about.  Just last weekend I pulled the tape off and took maybe 2 minutes a pallet.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 10:15:25 PM »
I think it's the rubber that makes it tricky.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 10:30:59 PM »
From the notes I've been reading, think you are right.  I had thought about changing out my platens for aluminum once and would have gone the rubber surface direction.  Kind of glad I didn't make that move.

What was the benefit of rubber coatings supposed to be?  Does a tape coating (sometimes 2 layers) take away any of the benefit?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 10:37:04 PM »

same problem here last week, tape been on my CH3 for 4 months!

Do you ever print fleece on it? We have never been able to leave it on that long, sure would be nice though.

Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Online dsh

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 05:16:59 AM »
I think it's the rubber too.  The first rubber platens I had came from Ryonet.  Pealing the paper off could peal off parts of the rubber too.  Even with heat applied.  I got some replacement rubber when I left a platen under the flash too long.  When the time came to change, the paper pealed off in almost one piece.  Quite easily.  I replaced them all with the new rubber and now I have no problems.

Offline hoogie

• feel free to email hoogies@bnin.net
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 05:56:22 AM »

Sonny, I'd like to buy a roll of your stuff..PM me and i'll get ahold of you. Man I have no clue how you guys keep that stuff on for the periods you do...I'm changing pallets on both presses three times a week, usually before they get in to work...that way drier is hot an presses are clean and ready for production as soon as they walk in the door...and I never have problems pulling it off, course I use my vinyl guys tape mask not sure if theres a difference or not...
Hoogie...

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »
Any good?

The stuff we have now shreds just trying to unroll it!

I used it before I went to work for Xenon.  Flash it and it will peel off in one sheet.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »

same problem here last week, tape been on my CH3 for 4 months!

Do you ever print fleece on it? We have never been able to leave it on that long, sure would be nice though.

only t-shirts, all the garbage material goes on the diamondback. it gets changed more often.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 07:43:39 AM »
we have been going back and forth between performance shirts and regular gildans at least once or 2x a week... anytime we go from cotton to peformance fabric, we change the tape.

Sonny: haven't gotten a chance to check out the new tape I got from you yet, but i'll post a review when I do.

Offline Croft

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 11:39:49 AM »
not sure if the glue is the same but i used to do signs and I'm pretty sure the backing paper for vinyl graphics are the same . When we had a delicate situation and had to pull the backer off we sprayed water on it and the glue would let go really easy?

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »
we have been going back and forth between performance shirts and regular gildans at least once or 2x a week... anytime we go from cotton to peformance fabric, we change the tape.

We do that change quite often too, but I find the "fleece" on the platens holds the glue better and we have less problems with tech shirts releasing from the platen after the flash. You do get the odd thread or lint ball showing faintly through the print from the bump it creates on the platen.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
Man I have no clue how you guys keep that stuff on for the periods you do...I'm changing pallets on both presses three times a week, usually before they get in to work...that way drier is hot an presses are clean and ready for production as soon as they walk in the door...and I never have problems pulling it off, course I use my vinyl guys tape mask not sure if theres a difference or not...

Almost sounds like you're pulling the tape off when it loads up with lint?

Are ya?  Or do you use a wet towel to wipe off the lint, lightly flash to dry and continue?