Author Topic: 30gal. Of ink?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
30gal. Of ink?
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
Anyone ever get their ink in 30 gal. containers? I have asked reps a few times but they don't seem to interested. We just don't have the space for 55 gal drums. But I would sure love to have a few 30gal of white and bases if it saved $$$.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: 30gal. Of ink?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:49:32 PM »
When ever I got quotes on larger containers like that they were never worth the up front out of pocket cost. Like $1-3 per gallon at most. But I am sure you could negotiate more of a deal.

Would like to know what others have seen.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:01:49 PM »
I agree it would have to be worth it. Kind of like stepping up from qts. to gal. or gal to 5gal. You usually end up getting essentially 1 of the smaller size free.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »
I buy 30G of Wilflex base at a time from Nazdar. They even just agreed to get me a free pump as long as I buy my Wilflex from them. I buy about a 30 a month, and 3-5 gals of PC Pigments a month.  It was a significat enough pricec reduction. I was using 5 gals every 4 days of work a month ago. 30 gals equalled about 5 gals free I believe when price compared.  Not sure about Whites.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:52 AM »
Alex:  I cant speak for all ink manufacturers but many of the Wilflex white inks are available in 1 Gallon, 5 Gallon, 30 Gallon, 44 Gallon or 50 Gallon Drums.  If you use the 1 gallon list pricing as a "baseline" the per-gallon savings compared to single gallon pricing average between 25% to 30% in the 30, 44, or 50 gallon drum sizes.  In addition a printer purchasing these inks in drum quantities is almost certain to qualify for a volume discount from the distributor, so the savings should be even greater than purchasing the product in 1 gallon or 5 gallon sized containers.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662