Author Topic: Attn: Anatol mini horizon and titan owners  (Read 6683 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Attn: Anatol mini horizon and titan owners
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
Would you like winged flood bars? I believe Action will require a minimum order of 12 to make them. Once they are made they will be a stock item and can be ordered individually. Who wants to go in on them with me?

3deep????

Offline Northland

Re: Attn: Anatol mini horizon and titan owners
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »
What width are you thinking about ?
I think Darrel uses 15 inch wide..... I might be interested in 15 inch.
Bob Calvert... Northland

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:43:58 PM »
I will have to double check. I think we need 14" with the wings. But I am sure we all use the same size screens and would require the same flood bars.

Bob, you have a Titan, right? What size screen frames do you use.

Darryl, what size screens are you using?

Who else may be interested?

Online bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 05:45:21 PM »
This is great to see. Printers helping printers. Working together to make each other better. This is what it's all about!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
I am not sure that ours will fit but I think they will. We will do one at a time. Just a FYI
Rich Hoffman

Offline ccsign

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
I am interested in a few.
Charlie
C&C Sign Shop

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
I am not sure that ours will fit but I think they will. We will do one at a time. Just a FYI
They will if you don’t cut the notches in them  ;)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
OK, the horizon mini is fitted with 15" squeegees and flood bars.

The winged flood bar I received from Action is a 16" flood bar. With the extensions of the wings this bring the size to 17".

I think our ideal size is 15" with the wings bringing us to 16"

This brings about my next question, which is what size screens are all of you mini owners using? Max screen size is listed at 20x28, but these seem to be a special custom make size. So I am assuming everyone is using 20x24 statics? If so, what are you getting out of that for a max print size?

The inner dimension of a 20" od wide screen is 17".

I am using Newman frames, which have an 18" id. I can actually fit my winged flood bad in there (I did not realize I could do this). It is snug. 1/2" on each side. Is this too tight? Or am I fine? I can't foresee any bad, and I will use it on my next run and see. But if someone knows of a red flag, please give me a heads up.

Rich, what do you recommend for max flood bar size to inner screen diameter? Also, do your flood bars mount in the Anatol quick release holders? And if so, what sizes are they available in?

Thanks!

Shane

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:43:46 PM »
Sorry I missed  this guys, Ive been trying to get Action to make some floods for awhile now.  I use both frames 20x24 and 20x28 oh and the newman rollerframes, I had my squeegees and floods cut to 14 in so I know 16 is to wide for a 20 x 24 frame to tight of a fit.
@ Rich, why the hell you didn't say this long time ago when I posted about getting flood bars?  I would buy them from you just as well, I need quick release.
@ Shane, let me know I would like to get some of them.. call me 334-983-6472...Rich if you can do these call me also.

Darryl
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:23:37 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 10:02:23 PM »
This brings about my next question, which is what size screens are all of you mini owners using? Max screen size is listed at 20x28, but these seem to be a special custom make size. So I am assuming everyone is using 20x24 statics? If so, what are you getting out of that for a max print size?

Printficient/Sonny has a 20 X 28 frame as a standard size... I just ordered a few for the ISS show we are doing :)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 10:20:21 PM »
Hit wrong key  :o
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:22:45 PM by 3Deep »

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »
Sorry I missed  this guys, Ive been trying to get Action to make some floods for awhile now.  I use both frames 20x24 and 20x28 oh and the newman rollerframes, I had my squeegees and floods cut to 14 in so I know 16 is to wide for a 20 x 24 frame to tight of a fit.
@ Rich, why the hell you didn't say this long time ago when I posted about getting flood bars?  I would buy them from you just as well, I need quick release.
@ Shane, let me know I would like to get some of them.. call me 334-983-6472...Rich if you can do these call me also.

Darryl

Darryl,

Why did you cut your squeegees from 15"-14"?  Thanks for the heads up on the 20x28's from Sonny. Have you used his beveled squeegees? If so, how do you like them? I don't use statics, but I will keep those in mind. A few may not be a bad idea for max size prints. How do you find them to be tension-wise? It would be nice if Newman would make a stock 21x28 frame (the 21" width fits fine). I wonder how many they would need ordered to make them affordable. I called and they wanted over $100/ea for the custom make.

I'll reconfirm all the details with action tomorrow. Unless Rich has smaller ones available.

So far it looks like there is 4 of us (Darryl, Charlie, Bob and myself), which would mean we would need to do at least 3 each. Or offset them otherwise.

Offline Lonestarapparel

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 11:09:11 PM »
I have a Titan as well and would be interested in the floodbars as well.  Give me a call 512-663-8559.  I would get 3-4 of them.  I use both 20-24 screens as well as 20 x 28. 

Brian

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 11:16:19 PM »
On the 14" squeegee & Floods that was recommended by a member from the old forum I can't recall his name right now, but he sold and installed Anatols.
Beveled squeegees, yes I,m using one right now that I got from Sonny its pretty dam good...I use it for for problem inks like whites and shimmers.  Being straight up and down really helps on the pressure you need to print with.
Static frames I think I used a tension as low as 14 and still got a very nice print with no problem, but most are around 16 to 18 after some time.  I have a bunch of newmans I keep around 25n and the some panel frames that around 30n.
3 winged floods will be fine with me, and they work I'd most likely want 3 more, just let me know something.
Oh and if you did not know you can move  your screen holders on your press out by 1" more atlease I can on my press on the three point micro side.

Darryl

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 12:39:06 AM »
With Brian we are up to 5. This is working out great!

As with Darryl, if they work nice I would want one for all 7 heads. But I would ideally love to try one first to know. But they seem to be pretty popular so I don't see why we wouldn't like them.

Are you referring to lance/Calibrated from the old boards?

@ Darryl Question, if we went with 14" flood bars, would a 15" squeegee not work as well with them? Did you notice a benefit chopping your squeegee and flood bar down to 14"? I'm guessing the advantage would be there was a little extra room inside the screen to card the ink back in? But I am thinking winged flood bard could offset this?

It looks like we will have to determine if 14" or 15" is the appropriate size for all of us or we will have to do 12 each.

Advice from the pros; Rich, Spotcolor (you sell and install Anatol I believe), Baron?

I'll PM Baron and invite him to join this thread.