Author Topic: We're featured in Impressions, pretty cool!  (Read 2716 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: We're featured in Impressions, pretty cool!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:59:27 AM »
DOF = Depth of Field

it's a technique used in DSLR cameras and pro movie cameras to make certain areas/objects in focus and blur the rest of the image.

for those that remember old school SLR  (lens & body) cameras, you set the F-stop to a low number, bump your shutter speed slower to compensate and that's what causes the effect to happen.

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Ahh, I see.  My wife took the photos, I stick to the iPhone shots.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 07:47:37 AM »
finally got to read it, nice write up! 60k pieces,you guys should be damn proud to have pulled out of that one alive...i think i would have went Saw II on their asses....
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
DOF = Depth of Field

it's a technique used in DSLR cameras and pro movie cameras to make certain areas/objects in focus and blur the rest of the image.

for those that remember old school SLR  (lens & body) cameras, you set the F-stop to a low number, bump your shutter speed slower to compensate and that's what causes the effect to happen.

Wouldn't you increase your shutter speed since the low number f stop is opening the lens wider and letting in more light? I'm sure you meant that, and your brain and fingers just had a frog moment.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline turnergraphics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »
Great write up.

About the $60K thing…I learned a long time ago in business, that those who talk big and can pay, don't have a problem at all with posting a substantial deposit (unless you're talking about a large retailer, like Walmart or Walgreens…who may take a while, but WILL pay).  If they talk big, but won't give you a deposit, then run.  (Of course, I think you've already learned that lesson the hard way). Nice job in recovering from that!