Author Topic: ISS Fort Worth  (Read 2170 times)

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
ISS Fort Worth
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:41:16 PM »
Just arrived DFW heading to hotel.  Any TSB guys or gals available for dinner tonight to solve the worlds problems over BBQ and a cold beverage in downtown FW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: ISS Fort Worth
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
I'll be there tomorrow when the doors open...hopefully, as long as nothing happens early when I come up to the shop to get the guys ready for the day.  Mark with Douthitt told me to find you and have a nice conversation about CTS so let me know if you will have some time to chat. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 08:49:16 PM »
Would give anything to be there.  I've enjoyed the 2 at Ft. Worth I've attended.  I'll be helping our daughter move into their new house.  It's always something.  Everyone have fun checking out the latest toys.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 09:56:36 PM »
Was really hoping to come but i'm slammed and cant make it

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:48:33 PM »
i'll be going on Saturday for the show. after printing for almost 10 years, this is my first show. I'm super excited.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:38:10 AM »
i'll be going on Saturday for the show. after printing for almost 10 years, this is my first show. I'm super excited.

sign up for the classes. Anything by Greg Kitson is going to save you a lot of money or headache. If you had to chose between his classes or the show floor, I would chose classes every time.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 08:39:23 AM »
I totally agree, Pierre. Greg is a wealth of knowledge. Still, after 25 years in the biz, I'll sit in on classes. I'll never know enough. Wish I was in TX this weekend.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:41:15 PM »
Alan I have a vendor meeting tomorrow at 9 AM.

Leave for DFW at noon so anytime between 10:30 and 11:00 works for me,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GKitson

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:05:16 AM »
Alan,

Sorry I missed you and misread your inquiry about getting together, Apparently you were at the show on Friday and I thought it would be Saturday.

Good luck on your CTS journey.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM »
No Worries GK, I doubt we would have had enough quality time anyway.  I was there for almost 6 hours and made it to about 7 booths and ended up seeing about 15% of the show.  I never even saw the impressions award area or laid eyes on a single DTG machine.  My route consisted of walking directly to the first MHM auto I've seen at the Ft. Worth show in 6-7 years, spent about 45 minutes with Gavin and Robert, then I walked about 15 feet to the Anatol Volt booth for a few minutes but quickly left there for the 10 color Sabre and spent an hour there.  From there I made a B-line to the G3 and STE II for maybe 1.5 hours and mingled at the GSG booth at the DB watching Lon work a somewhat difficult print on the DB while talking shop with whoever walked up and wanted to chat.  Then I went to the Ryonet booth and spent a long time at the Sroque YOU.  The Sroque/Ryonet guys held my attention for a while discussing the green machine among many other things we saw at the show, and then I walked straight out the front door and I was gone.  I really wish I could have come back on Saturday and I should have and asked for forgiveness later.  So the last 2 shows I've managed to see maybe half of the show floor combined so I need to come up with a better plan for seeing the entire show.  3 years ago I walked the show floor with a guy where I could see people ducking and hiding when they saw us walking their way :), which was good for me because I got to see a lot more but now when I go I see so many people that I know or need to talk to.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.