Author Topic: Prochem HXT CCI  (Read 2889 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Prochem HXT CCI
« on: September 18, 2014, 11:00:21 AM »
I know some of you guys use this product and my have posted about this, but whats up with adding the diazo to it if it's already pre-sensitized....maybe to help for discharge screen making?

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline noortrd

Re: Prochem HXT CCI
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 11:09:14 AM »
Not diazo . Use hardener for discharge and long exposure.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 11:18:34 AM »
we switched to HXT from TX-Discharge, better resolution with the LED. No hardener needed either. works great. reclaims like a champ too, way faster than anything else we have used. try some out D, price point is really good too.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 11:34:08 AM »
Darryl, don't need diazo. BUT, YOU MUST, MUST MUST, expose it long, you won't need a hardener. I've not used hardener with it in the couple years I've been using it. The key is that they screens must be in a very very dry room for at least 24 hours, 48 if you have the time, get that emulsion bone dry before you expose them. I expose mine on a 3k metal halide tri light unit for anywhere between 5-6 minutes depending on mesh counts and never have break down issues. I did how ever rush an exposure last week, a 1 minute exposure, and had pre mature breakdown. I knew it was going to happen, but I still gave it a try, but that is the 1 in the past 2 years after finding that it needs the major burn. It won't hurt you to post expose them either, just DO NOT depend on the post exposure to be your way of rushing your initial exposure. They have to cook for a while. It may even be a little harder to blow out your image, but trust me when I say, if you do it right, it's an emulsion you can use and store for doing discharge prints.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »
I've been using HXT for a while now and yes it works great for discharge, but I was just wondering why they ship a bottle of diazo with it, atleast every gal I've bought has had one in it and I've never use it.

Offline noortrd

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:25:31 PM »
how long you expose?

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 01:47:57 PM »
I've been using HXT for a while now and yes it works great for discharge, but I was just wondering why they ship a bottle of diazo with it, atleast every gal I've bought has had one in it and I've never use it.

Wow I've never got diazo with mine, I've gone through tons of it, hahahhaha. If you mix diazo in it, it's supposed to make it where you can run over 10,000 impressions with it. I'm not doing orders that large so it's never been an issue. I'm glad it's workin for ya D!!!
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 05:02:25 PM »
I spoke with Robert Luca from CCI today, yesterday he spent all day at a friend of mines shop testing HXT with the Starlight.  He told me today that we should be at 10-12 seconds and no more for discharge on the starlight.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
I spoke with Robert Luca from CCI today, yesterday he spent all day at a friend of mines shop testing HXT with the Starlight.  He told me today that we should be at 10-12 seconds and no more for discharge on the starlight.

wwwaaaahhh?

we're at 30ish seconds....we had it break down in the lower time range.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
Jay yall just don't know what your doing Ba ha ha ha....Hey Your Bills where at my sons college Wednesday scouting one there players..lord know you all need some.

darryl

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 01:37:16 AM »

I know some of you guys use this product and my have posted about this, but whats up with adding the diazo to it if it's already pre-sensitized....maybe to help for discharge screen making?

darryl

Yep.

Advantage of adding diazo: long DC/WB runs.

Disadvantage of adding diazo: longer exposure times.

Murphy37