Author Topic: Gauntlet 3  (Read 9306 times)

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Gauntlet 3
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 02:04:46 PM »
Wouldn't the print size and more colors maybe part of it. More colors and bigger print area require the arms?
Shane

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 10:31:30 PM »
From what 244 told me several months back, the G3 is basically the C3 55 series, with a different control panel, slightly slower indexing servo and belt, with the laser placement feature added. I think they are doing away with the C3 55 series and the G3 takes it's place as a mid way point from EXG and C3 for the shop who needs the speed, wants the up/down heads, but doesn't necessarily need the gigantore image area. I believe this G3 still has an image area suitable for Jumbo prints, just not AOP.

I was told the same thing.  A few little things here and there but the G3 is what a Ch3-55 used to be.  If we would have bought a Ch3 it would have been the 55 model because I don't have any desire to do jumbo prints, much less AOP.  All you guys can do those prints all day long, I'll stick with 16x20's as our max.

Eric, from start to finish, what is the install time not counting unforeseen stuff?  When looking at the G3 I thought the install time would be a bit more than it's competition which is why I prefaced my comments with leaving the machine in place and not wanting to move it around...EVER.  Our press install went really fast and since we've only bought one auto I haven't a clue as to how long installs usually take.  Our dryer install only took a couple hours but me and my guys had put it all together except for the belt and the gas/electrical lines.  Our tech had one of the easiest installs ever, I think his eyes lit up when he walked in and saw what was already done.

Let's see, Ryan showed up at around 9:30am yesterday, and due to an oversight in my part (I completely forgot to have the electricians run the buck boost transformers, thankfully they squeezed me in on Monday morning, but the two guys that came had no clue what they were doing in this instance, and took 5 hours to install) didn't get started until around noon. He worked from noon to 4. Yesterday all heads and head supports were installed.

Today Ryan came in 7am, dealt with a couple of electrical issues (set us back about 30-45 mins), and left at 4pm. Today arms, pallets, arm supports, off contact, registration, and registration tuning took place.

Tomorrow he is coming in around 7, i'm sure the parts from M&R will be here around 8, and we'll have the first job up and running tomorrow right after lunch.

I don't about other installs, but that seems lightning fast to me. Ryan is a heck a tech, and is a beast. He did almost all of it perfectly without any help from my dumb self.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
M&R probably has more then 1 tech named Ryan but we had Ryan from tx do the install on our ch3 last yr so chances are same guy. Since we were replacing a gt2 that was in the same location the install was quick. Ryan came in around 9 I believe worked through the day with little help other then us helping move things into place, then came in the next morning buttoned a few things up and we were printing that day. Basically only took 1 1/2 days and we were printing. It seems like I never have a slow time anymore and the techs are good about getting us up and running as they know we have to get going or we are screwed LOL......Key is to have everything ready for the techs as that's what always slows em down. Our ch3 press is so mean production wise I can only imagine the gt3 since it's so similar will be awesome as well. It will be what replaces our next press to go for sure. Give us an update tomorrow when you get that thing ripping, nothing like a new press humming that's for sure.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:43 AM »
Both of our M&R installs were very quick.  Rod did one and Todd did the other.  Both great techs both some of the longest running M&R techs they have.  Our CH3D took a day to assemble and power on and get running.  I think he was there from about 7:30 to 5pm.  The next day we were printing jobs on it by 11-12 in the afternoon.  That was with a damaged fork prox sensor hit by something in shipping and it being overnight shipped and fixed, so that slowed it down only a few minutes though really.  They say a couple days to be sure its running right and off they go. 

We did have the machine and its parts outta the crates, staged, and the machine placed within a few inches of where it needed to be.  Power and air both ready. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »
That's how to do it Brandt. BTW Rod & Todd = awesome

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »

Yup, both installs were way smooth.  Todd was a machine, Rod wasn't far behind him.  Pretty sure if I remember we were printing on day one of the Sportsman install.  Todd did our Sportsman and Rod did the CH3D.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
M&R probably has more then 1 tech named Ryan but we had Ryan from tx do the install on our ch3 last yr so chances are same guy. Since we were replacing a gt2 that was in the same location the install was quick. Ryan came in around 9 I believe worked through the day with little help other then us helping move things into place, then came in the next morning buttoned a few things up and we were printing that day. Basically only took 1 1/2 days and we were printing. It seems like I never have a slow time anymore and the techs are good about getting us up and running as they know we have to get going or we are screwed LOL......Key is to have everything ready for the techs as that's what always slows em down. Our ch3 press is so mean production wise I can only imagine the gt3 since it's so similar will be awesome as well. It will be what replaces our next press to go for sure. Give us an update tomorrow when you get that thing ripping, nothing like a new press humming that's for sure.

same ryan! he is awesome!

Dealing with a saftey error, but as soon as that's dealt with, hopefully we'll be printing a 5 color shirt as the first job. Super excited to see this bad boy printing.
Night Owls

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2014, 02:07:23 PM »

Yup, both installs were way smooth.  Todd was a machine, Rod wasn't far behind him.  Pretty sure if I remember we were printing on day one of the Sportsman install.  Todd did our Sportsman and Rod did the CH3D.

Todd was the Maintenance Director back our Harlequin Nature Graphics days. Good times!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2014, 07:09:27 PM »
Post some vids!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 09:18:07 PM »
So Ryan came in at 7:15 this morning. Around 8:30 UPS arrived with some overnight parts. They were swapped out, and by 11am we were setting up our first job and going over basic features. by noon we had our job Tri loc'd, and then took lunch.

everyone came back around 12:45, and by 1:15 we had screens locked in, inked up, and ready to go. Our first tri lock'd shirt, and it was almost perfect. We were printing a 5 color job, and our last screen, the black, was a little warped from our stretching screen being moved, so that took some slight tweaking.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW AWESOME THE TRI LOCK AND THE I-IMAGE ARE TOGETHER!

The press is so smooth and easy to use,my wife and I almost started crying with how simple, not to mention tool-less everything is.

The Park and Ink dip features, so simple, but so freaking awesome. All the programming is easy to use, simple, and so complex.

I'd say the only flaw that I saw on the press, and i'm sure it's not really a flaw as much as user error, has to do with the tri lock pallet.

On these newer presses, the head supports are built in such a way to allow the red chilli, or i guess any flash to go deeper. TOTALLY AWESOME for printing. NOT AWESOME if you are tri locking a job, and someone pushes the flash in to get around it. See what happened is there is a clear line that our tech set up, that the flash could not move past. Someone who came into training late, did not hear that, and pushed the flash into the head a little further. We finished the first job, and the second job was being set up, and BOOM. Thankfully it only hit the head support, and the body of the red chili. The head support got bent, and most likely isn't use-able anymore.

The other issue that I'm so thankful didn't happen is we were told that if the front screen holder is not either locked in, or in the full up right position, the Tri Loc pallet could possibly hit that, and game over.
Night Owls

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »
oh and I can't say this enough, our tech Ryan is killing it for us. Not only is he helpful, super knowlegdeable, and all around a very nice person, he was helping us with other M&R equipment while we were waiting for parts to come in, as well as answering all of our foolish and nonsense questions without any issues or problems at all.

now if you'll excuse me, i have one of the world's most disorganized warehouses, and about 45 emails from 45 different clients to answer!
Night Owls

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 09:43:22 PM »
So Ryan came in at 7:15 this morning. Around 8:30 UPS arrived with some overnight parts. They were swapped out, and by 11am we were setting up our first job and going over basic features. by noon we had our job Tri loc'd, and then took lunch.

everyone came back around 12:45, and by 1:15 we had screens locked in, inked up, and ready to go. Our first tri lock'd shirt, and it was almost perfect. We were printing a 5 color job, and our last screen, the black, was a little warped from our stretching screen being moved, so that took some slight tweaking.

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME HOW AWESOME THE TRI LOCK AND THE I-IMAGE ARE TOGETHER!

The press is so smooth and easy to use,my wife and I almost started crying with how simple, not to mention tool-less everything is.

The Park and Ink dip features, so simple, but so freaking awesome. All the programming is easy to use, simple, and so complex.

I'd say the only flaw that I saw on the press, and i'm sure it's not really a flaw as much as user error, has to do with the tri lock pallet.

On these newer presses, the head supports are built in such a way to allow the red chilli, or i guess any flash to go deeper. TOTALLY AWESOME for printing. NOT AWESOME if you are tri locking a job, and someone pushes the flash in to get around it. See what happened is there is a clear line that our tech set up, that the flash could not move past. Someone who came into training late, did not hear that, and pushed the flash into the head a little further. We finished the first job, and the second job was being set up, and BOOM. Thankfully it only hit the head support, and the body of the red chili. The head support got bent, and most likely isn't use-able anymore.

The other issue that I'm so thankful didn't happen is we were told that if the front screen holder is not either locked in, or in the full up right position, the Tri Loc pallet could possibly hit that, and game over.
Even though the tech informed you of the clearance issue its our issue it can happen. Contact me tomorrow and I will replace the head support.
Rich Hoffman

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2014, 09:45:08 PM »

Even though the tech informed you of the clearance issue its our issue it can happen. Contact me tomorrow and I will replace the head support.

Hey Rich, it's already on the way! But thanks again, and i can't thank everyone at M&R for all their help!
Night Owls

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2014, 08:45:01 AM »
Yeah, too bad nobody mentioned Tri-Loc and CTS (throw in a CIII) would be a game changer.  :P
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2014, 08:46:26 AM »
Yeah, too bad nobody mentioned Tri-Loc and CTS (throw in a CIII) would be a game changer.  :P

I dunno but 3-4 guys here saying that ;) LOL