Author Topic: Cold Call From India  (Read 5549 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Cold Call From India
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

I wonder if some of these companies aren't just turning around and "brokering" the deal between offshore and the customer (us).

So your US digitizer sends the stuff off, gets it back and marks it up.  Maybe they take care of edits or something vs back and forth with Asia... Just wondering because it has caught my attention as a potential business model. LOL

It does happen, we use to print for a company that did that as their side business. If you're good at keywords and Google stuff you could probably make a decent amount of money at it
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
I deal with India, China, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, etc......And most of the time the communication is better than US & Canada based suppliers....

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »
You guys are so prejudiced, it might have slipped your mind that India is actually not as undeveloped as you might think.

Um, we might not think it's as undeveloped as you think we do either, but I still don't want to live there. Back to the original, for $5.50, send them a jpeg and see what you get back. If it passes muster, then you're OK. But a lot of the stuff I've seen (some of my contract customers will use similar sites instead of paying us) don't pass muster here, too choppy, small lettering turns to crap, etc. One of my customers uses another printer for vector art, because the guy will charge him $50.00 at the most and make infinite changes for free. 2/3 of the time, there are issues, and we have to write back what they are so he can make the changes. He sends color separations one color in a separate file at a time. What is he using, Illustrator 88? To those of you who do that, my apologies, but it just seems awfully tedious compared to proper file prep and spot color assignment.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline MegaDigitizing

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 06:15:19 PM »
I think you should try him, If he can provide you good quality with good price.
Megadigitizing - Embroidery Digitizing & Vector Art Service http://www.Megadigitizing.com