Author Topic: Palet Adhesive  (Read 3323 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Palet Adhesive
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
Carding = messy

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
After reading this board I think I'm going to switch from spray adhesive to wb and I have a couple of questions.
I don't print everyday. I'm planning to card the adhesive onto the pallet. Is there a brand that holds up better to days off?
For pallet tape, would vinyl application tape work ok?

Halleluiah, another convert to wb!!!  Can we get an AMEN?

I don't print everyday either.  Sometimes quite a bit of time goes by.  You will find this funny and amazing.  Put down the wb and print your job.  When done, walk away and leave the stuff on the pallet.  Next time you're ready to print, take a wet paper towel and wipe off the dust and any leftover lint and you're going to find the damn stuff is probably still sticky and ready to go.  If you hit the pallet for a few seconds with a flash or heat gun to warm it up, it gets even stickier.

Carding is messy.  Just drop a silver dollar size dollop and spread it around with a wet paper towel.  This does two things.  Spreads it around and thins it down a little so it's more near a 50/50 blend.  It don't have to be on there solid and probably best if not unless you're doing fleece or hoodies.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 02:01:03 PM »
Scrubby pad from screen room works best. Rinse after immediately after use

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
You almost can't mess up with wb tack... And even if you managed to, it's cheap enough. ;)