Author Topic: Anatol mini horizon problems  (Read 8867 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Anatol mini horizon problems
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »
Any idea why my press prints in different locations on every pallet? There is up to a 3/4" difference in the horizontal location of prints from pallet to pallet. This is only the 4th job I have attempted to run on this press. I bought the pressed used and went through Anatol who had the independent tech they recommended contact me to do the press install and set up. The press is holding registration and will print dead on the film I register the screen to on the pallet I register to. I really don't know what to do and am pulling this job and going to run it on the manual press. I don't know if there is something I am doing wrong or if the tech did not set it up properly.

All I know is I have a torn labrum and I need an operation to anchor my shoulder back in the socket and manual printing is not helping me with the pain and severe inflammation. I'm really at wit's end and am desperate for help. For the first time I am considering throwing in the towel. My body just can not take the manual printing in this condition.

On the flip side, if someone is interested in a 7/8 Horizon mini PM me.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anatol mini horizon problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »
I am going to guess that the pallets are not on center, that is an easy fix from what I have seen.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 12:03:31 AM »
Is each color moving or holding reg on each pallet but location on shirt up and down? Could be pallets moving or off center or screens moving. Get the tech to come back and make it right.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:03 AM »
I think Pierre is right, if the pallet brackets can themselves be adjusted then it would be easy to fix.  This was always a potential problem on our Javelins when leveling pallets as the bracket bolts were fitted to slots in the pallet arm, so if you weren't careful you could throw a pallet off side to side by accident.  I would never let a tech leave without printing at least 2 color with tight reg on every pallet. 

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:52:13 AM »
I am only familar with M&R platens. Do you have the clip on style platens? Do your platens have a top/bottom or front/back? Could be as easy as measuring and maybe flipping some platens around. To get around this without killing yourself on the manual figure out which ones are off and put a piece of tape on the platten and you can move the shirt up/down to abjust. I move shirts all the time, if i have mens ,ladies,youth or v-necks to be printed on the auto for the same order.
Peter

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 09:59:46 AM »
something else that might help you out. . . go to harbor freight and pick up a laser. Print one shirt and place the laser line through the center of the print. Now when your press turns you can use this line to align the shirts (so you can finish the job) and then use it later to line up your plattens. Best $5 you will spend ever!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »
Sounds like the tech did not split the arms properly on the bottom carousel prior to registering the machine. If so that is a bad install and should be redone. Put a center line on one screen and on the pallets as well. At head one center the screen to the pallet then check every pallet to that head. Should be within1/8. If off the arms will have to be recentered. I am not familiar of where the registration bearings are but if they are attached to the arm the press will have to be registered again. If not the arms can be moved and then recheck level and you should be ok.
Rich Hoffman

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »
Sounds like 244 is right. The pallet arms need to be set. The Reg bearings are not attached to the pallet arms, so adjusting it won't mess up the registration. If you want to give me a call I can walk you through adjusting them. It's pretty simple. Or call that tech back in, that step is a necessary part of the install.
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »

I just want to clarify that I did not buy this press from Anatol. I bought it on the used market. Nor did they do the install. I did ask them to do the install and they ended up giving me the name and number of the independent tech that they recommended. That is who I used because I waned to be sure to not have any issues once I started using the press; the independent tech that Anatol recommends.

Bink, holding registration on each pallet but print location is different on every pallet/shirt

Broadway, they are the Anatol quick release pallets.

I want to thank everyone who has replied trying to offer help: Pierre, Brian, Squeegee, Broadway, Rich, Brannon, and asdf who called me early this morning to offer help and volunteer to try to walk me through it over the phone. All of your offerings of help is very generous and sincerely appreciated.

The tech complained the whole time that he was here that it was such a long ride and he wouldn't have came if he realized how long the ride was. I think (insert conspiracy theory here), he wanted to get out of there asap and try to avoid rush hour traffic. Therefore he did not do everything that should have been done.

We were without power at the shop today due to the hurricane, but I am going to take this advice and try to do some trouble shooting when I get power back.

I will keep you posted and be back with more questions I am sure. I may just need to bite the bullet and get a different tech here and make sure it is done right.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
are you serious? complained the whole time huh? I would have kicked his a s s right out the door. DO YOUR FKIN JOB and be happy you have one - and now I can't do mine because you didn't put my address in mapquest. . .that burns me up because I know of the problems you have been having. . I feel bad for you, it shouldn't be this hard. . .good luck. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »
are you serious? complained the whole time huh? I would have kicked his a s s right out the door. DO YOUR FKIN JOB and be happy you have one - and now I can't do mine because you didn't put my address in mapquest. . .that burns me up because I know of the problems you have been having. . I feel bad for you, it shouldn't be this hard. . .good luck. . .

You know, half of me wanted to tell the guy point blank, do the F'ing job I'm paying you to do and shut up. But the other half of me figured if I seemed like a good guy he may be more motivated to not F me. Just very frustrating. I'll make it work. It's just an obstacle, but it sucks nonetheless.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 05:40:12 PM »

Amen.  You should also give Anatol a ring and let them know about your experience with this guy.  If they are recommending him, I'm sure they want to know about his behavior. 
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 06:34:52 PM »
I took a staic frame and drew a line down the center with the t square to see how off and how the pallets are aligned to each other. I also drew a horizontal line to check straightness from pallet to pallet. I am also noticing that some pallets are considerably lower than others.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 06:58:50 PM »
It's not uncommon to see center lines being off on non-adjustable home made boards on some manual presses. They are just not mounted on their brackets in a consistent manner. You are lucky enough to have that as an adjustable feature on your press.
Neither that nor the varying board height sound that drastic, though I agree, that this was supposed to have been taken care of.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 07:19:32 PM »
It's not uncommon to see center lines being off on non-adjustable home made boards on some manual presses. They are just not mounted on their brackets in a consistent manner. You are lucky enough to have that as an adjustable feature on your press.
Neither that nor the varying board height sound that drastic, though I agree, that this was supposed to have been taken care of.

It's not an adjustable feature on my press. The quick release platens clip on in one spot and can not be slid in and out to be adjusted for print height.