Author Topic: Anatol mini horizon problems  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Anatol mini horizon problems
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
The way I understand it is that though they may not be adjustable to you, they are to a tech. Perhaps each arm itself?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
I was just talking to asdf and with your approval would like to come up to your shop tomorrow or Tuesday and correct the issues with your press. I feel the issues could be resolved in a few hours.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
The way I understand it is that though they may not be adjustable to you, they are to a tech. Perhaps each arm itself?

Oh! Gotcha! I would imagine they are. I am guessing the arms themselves were just not properly aligned. But then again, I can barely figure out how to print shirts, let alone press configurements.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »
I was just talking to asdfg and with your approval would like to come up to your shop tomorrow or Tuesday and correct the issues with your press. I feel the issues could be resolved in a few hours.

Brian, that would be great! Give me a call (508)617-7498 so we can coordinate.

Thanks!

Shane

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »
I took a staic frame and drew a line down the center with the t square to see how off and how the pallets are aligned to each other. I also drew a horizontal line to check straightness from pallet to pallet. I am also noticing that some pallets are considerably lower than others.

A better way to do a quick check is to center your floodbar in its holder with a center line marked on it and then draw a center line on each pallet.  Slide print carriage to the front edge of the pallet, then all the way to the back edge and make sure the marks stay lined up.

Brian is fully capable and qualified to set you up correctly given the similar construction between Printex and Anatol.

Offline BBB

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »
Its perfect registration
but not delivered at the same place on all  pallets ?..How long has it been since your tech set it up..6 months?
  4 jobs attempted on it since then...? On all pallets is the print what you want?...( I sold the Anatol to him. and wish him well)..You cant adjust the pallet to the arm that holds the pallet but you can adjust the arm..should have been done with set up.   Dont be afraid of the machine,,,This should have been corrected a long time ago..maybe you wouldn't have pulled a muscle...like I did on the old manual..                 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:50 AM »
The pallets can be adjusted if yours is like my Anatol mini and the side clamp screen holders can be adjusted allso, but should not have to mess with those.  I,m thinking your pallets are out of wack, I would start with head one get it right and level every other pallet to that head then check the rest it may take a few hours.  I,m going post some pics of how Tom leveled our pallets that might help you out.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 11:00:26 AM »
It sounds like a poor install for sure. 

I wouldn't call that guy back though, he's just going to be more mad about a return drive and probably screw up something else.  I would for sure let Anatol know about your results out of that installer.  They may have a better suggestion or at least the next guy wont have to deal with it. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline BBB

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
If he gets a good print on every pallet, buy its too high, or too far left..or right...on the shirt. then adjust the arm that holds the pallet...does it vary on the same pallet?..tighten something..bad set up, but fixable the way its designed. I would gladly help him personally if he were closer...set it up on EVERY job, fix whats wrong and Gooo...dont sell it cause its not set up wrong!  Fix and enjoy..An Anatol has fixed heads, if they dont move..perfect registration...the pallets rotate, and if they dont move..the image is just as perfect. If the pallets are not in allignment, the image is high, low, left, or right..but perfectly printed...MOVE THE PALLET TO THE CORRECT POSITION!..We dont hire a tech to do mechanical thing, lossen some bolts, allign then tighten..we hire techs to do the wiring and and higher adjustments.. Some things you have to think through..everything goed out of warranty..the ones that are trash are the ones you dont work on. 

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
Shane here are some pics of how Tom leveled our pallets on the install
First he got a piece of angle iron and cut it to fit between the screen clamps, then he zeroed the the off contact.  If you look there are four adjustment bolts under each pallet everypallets has the same height from front to back when slide the iron back and forth just barely touching the pallet.  Hope this helps you out some if you need more info just call me 334-983-6472.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 04:50:05 PM »
keep at it Shane, the frustration can be a killer, but if you get it right, it'll be the stones. If you need to print something to take care of a customer, give me call, it's in my profile.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »
I wanted to follow up on this thread so if anyone is searching info on the mini horizon they know the end result of my problem.

The press works fine. It was not a manufacturer issue.

The install was not done correctly. The pallet arms were not properly aligned. The pallets were not leveled. The screen holders were not adjusted for off contact.

I am going to make a separate post regarding it being fixed, but I want to sincerely thank everyone who replied here and called. It is amazing how many people in this industry are here to help you!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »
Everyone here is happy for you, and probably many share my hope that you also follow up with both Anatol and the Tech himself for the absolutely unacceptable service you paid for initially.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »
If your press isn't parallel to a reasonable tolerance, it can make printing a nightmare.  I remember when I didn't understand the need for the auto to be so dialed in in that regard, and when I did bring our press back to a reasonable parallel, many issues just disappeared.  Setup times will diminish greatly when everything is parallel, no more test printing 8 times on a 3 color job.  I'm always looking for a better way to achieve a "somewhat" perfectly parallel press and have tried several different methods of doing it, and so far, my dial indicator tool gave me the best results.  I know and understand the drawbacks of using that method, but I guess we are lucky in that our pallets have remained more flat than most.  The method that makes the most sense, using the floodbar worked well, but I did notice some inconsistencies that I didn't have when using the dial indicator tool.

If you decide to bring a tech in, watch his every move and within minutes you'll see that next time you need to calibrate your press, you can do it yourself very easily.  And honestly, I've seen and had techs in our shop and some of them I would consider "very good" and none of them dial in the press to a better tolerance than I do.  It's all about how precise you want your press to be, so whoever does it, make sure you're satisfied when they start loading their tools up.  And I'd also suggest that you check your press every 20K imprints to make sure everything is still parallel.  Our printer likes to spin the press in free wheel mode by pressing down on the pallet's corner and pushing it and it was causing all of our pallets to be low in that corner he was using.  If at all possible, mechanically index your press to the next station or grab the pallet arm underneath the pallet to spin the carousel.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
Everyone here is happy for you, and probably many share my hope that you also follow up with both Anatol and the Tech himself for the absolutely unacceptable service you paid for initially.

I spoke with Anatol on Tuesday. They called me to see what they could do to help. I followed up with them today to inform them what was and wasn't done correctly by the tech they recommended. Hopefully this info will help the next person get their press installed correctly.