Author Topic: Insane Apparel donation drive comments  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Catnhat

Re: Insane Apparel donation drive comments
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »
money sent.  Wish it could be more.
Know all too well what it's like to lose everything overnight. (shop fire in 2008 )
Also know how well people in this industry can step up, help and pay it forward to complete strangers when the need arises, after being on the receiving end of it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 10:14:22 PM by Catnhat »

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 10:48:56 AM »
Hey everyone, I just got another supplier onboard to donate/help and waiting on hearing back from another one! We need to keep spreading the word to take advantage of the full match for this guy!
I posted on a few facebook screen printing groups, but if you guys have other ideas or resources, do it! Let's get the word out!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
UPDATE-

Ryonet is donating a store credit in the amount of $2000!

Pierre- Do you happen to have a recent total of what has been raised that will receive the matching funds? Lets make sure we get to $5K! I don't even know this guy, but I personally would probably implode if something like this happend to my shop.

Also, is or would Keith be willing to identify his I'm assuming past insurance company? I know I would like to know for my own protection, in the event we had the same company I would like to pull my policy if they are going to play games like this(yes, I understand all insurance companies play games and try to get out of paying up).
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 10:21:40 AM »
I'm going to donate next week assuming I can get paid for some recent work (big check lost in the mail of all things...UGH).  I'd also love to know which insurance company, since it seems like this is exactly the scenario insurance is for, and being dicked out of your lifes work on a technicality is terrifying

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »
have you started a fundme.com thing?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
have you started a fundme.com thing?

Pierre's thread-starting post explains the whole deal. It started as a Kickstarter campaign.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:18 PM »
UPDATE-

Ryonet is donating a store credit in the amount of $2000!

Pierre- Do you happen to have a recent total of what has been raised that will receive the matching funds? Lets make sure we get to $5K! I don't even know this guy, but I personally would probably implode if something like this happend to my shop.

Also, is or would Keith be willing to identify his I'm assuming past insurance company? I know I would like to know for my own protection, in the event we had the same company I would like to pull my policy if they are going to play games like this(yes, I understand all insurance companies play games and try to get out of paying up).

Good work TCT. I feel the same way. For a guy to have insurance, pay money every month to give him the piece of mind that if a "SH!T" storm hits his company he will be ok. Then only to find out the can get out of it when something does happen. I donated not because what happened to him. I donated because he did everything right to protect himself and got screwed. I still want gildan or another company to use this guy in a commercial and say the insurance company name.

The total should be real close if Ryonet is donating $2000 but that's product so does that count? I mean with his markups that is really only about a $200 donation>>>LOL.

Offline insane987

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
Hello everyone, thank you so much for all the support and help from donations. From the vendor credits to just having people comment with kind words. Pierre put it best last week when we talked,most people that don’t own a business  think were all rich, make a ton of money, what's the big deal insurance will cover it. Its been a rough couple of months but I see light at the end of the tunnel. Again thanks you everyone for everything this is just the beginning I have to make a list of everyone and give them proper thanks you on the forum just wanted to say how much I appreciate the support.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2014, 01:58:20 AM »
I think you just did
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA