Author Topic: What sort of support do you expect to get with your gas dryer  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What sort of support do you expect to get with your gas dryer
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
Satronic UV detector is most likely localy available. We keep spare one. Spark plug maybe moved, less likekly broken. Glass might be dirty or
scratched.
The electordes/spark plugs where kind of far apart but we moved them closer so that there is a distance of only 4mm which according to their tech is the recommended distance. Still no luck. As mentioned once in a while after lots of trying we get the burner to run but I can not tell why.
May I ask what the glass is everyone is referring to, I assume you are reffering to the viewing glass of the burner,right?  How would make a difference if it is scratched or dirty?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »
Had our gas company come by as all the trouble started to check the gas pressure in our line. It`s rated at 2.17kPA which is 16.27 mm HG. As far as I know that should be enough pressure, even though one working for the company that build our dryer insists that we are having low gas pressure. Don`t know but the dryer was working very well for the last 2 years on that pressure.
The nearest tech to us is located in Australia. We hooked up with him via FaceTime so he checked the flame through the burner glass. He mentioned it looks very weak, that`s the flame before the burner  kicks in proper.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:20:13 PM by Rockers »

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
The glass would be over the fire eye or apparently in your case a UV sensor. It detects the presence of flame in the fire box. On start up if it does not detect a fllame or while running it will shut down the system to prevent build up of gas in the chamber leading to a possible explosion.

Like Bauman said a burner is a burner and any local industrial service company for gas appliances like ovens or boilers should be able to help and or service the equipment.

What color is the flame when it does burn, should be a nice blue with maybe a little flicker of yellow or orange

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2014, 08:58:11 PM »
That would be the case in the US and Europe. Here in Japan they don`t like to deal with imported equipment. It was already really complicated to get it connected by the local gas company here.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »

Satronic UV detector is most likely localy available. We keep spare one. Spark plug maybe moved, less likekly broken. Glass might be dirty or
scratched.
The electordes/spark plugs where kind of far apart but we moved them closer so that there is a distance of only 4mm which according to their tech is the recommended distance. Still no luck. As mentioned once in a while after lots of trying we get the burner to run but I can not tell why.
May I ask what the glass is everyone is referring to, I assume you are reffering to the viewing glass of the burner,right?  How would make a difference if it is scratched or dirty?
on our dryers, there is small round glass, through which UV detector is monitoring flame in burner chamber. If it gets stained readings may be too weak and burner will not be let to open valve fully and kick in main flame.
@low pressure: how long is your gas line from main line where you have pressure valve and meter? We had about 20m and had to install additional pressure valves just before dryers.
That helped because our pressure was fluctuating on low end of acceptable.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:01 AM »

Had our gas company come by as all the trouble started to check the gas pressure in our line. It`s rated at 2.17kPA which is 16.27 mm HG. As far as I know that should be enough pressure, even though one working for the company that build our dryer insists that we are having low gas pressure. Don`t know but the dryer was working very well for the last 2 years on that pressure.
The nearest tech to us is located in Australia. We hooked up with him via FaceTime so he checked the flame through the burner glass. He mentioned it looks very weak, that`s the flame before the burner  kicks in proper.
2.17 kPa is just lowest value for our dryer. We keep it at 2.3 kPa. But we have Adelco not CPN.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 03:40:20 AM »

scratched.

on our dryers, there is small round glass, through which UV detector is monitoring flame in burner chamber. If it gets stained readings may be too weak and burner will not be let to open valve fully and kick in main flame.
@low pressure: how long is your gas line from main line where you have pressure valve and meter? We had about 20m and had to install additional pressure valves just before dryers.
That helped because our pressure was fluctuating on low end of acceptable.
This is Japan, you are not allowed to install any pressure valves to the gas line. Apparently. We have roughly 13 m of gas line from the meter to the dryer, incl three 90 degree bends and a 90 degree drop.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »
gas company did it for us. these were valves with fixed pressure settings. It's not uncommon to lose some pressure on longer lines. Do you get same pressure readings on at gasmeter and on dryer?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 05:25:13 PM »
Well we did ask CPN and they confirmed their dryer can run at a lower pressure then what`s supplied by our gas company. And sice it`s been working just fine for the last 2.5 years at this gas pressure.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »
Well we did ask CPN and they confirmed their dryer can run at a lower pressure then what`s supplied by our gas company. And sice it`s been working just fine for the last 2.5 years at this gas pressure.
Ok, to my relieve this issue has now been taken care off. I want to be fair towards the manufacturer of this dryer, Sanco Technologies, and mention that the problem we had was 100% of our own making. Back then as we purchased the dryer via a distributer we had not enough cash left to have someone come over to Japan from the UK and set ip up proper. Now we had their engineer over who walked me through the whole dryer set up, explained me how to take care of it proper, what to do if any issues pop up, how to change parts, replace the electrodes etc.
The dryer has been set up now perfectly, runs super quiet, is extremely cold on the outside and probably the most efficient dryer on the market.
Big thanks to the guys at Sanco in the UK. Clean Burn Dryers rock. Would highly recommend them to anyone looking to buy a new gas dryer.