Author Topic: NON pressure washer sprayers  (Read 4158 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
NON pressure washer sprayers
« on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
For our ink cleaning sink, we keep going through spray nozzles. Every two months, they just break. I've tried them all!

What are you all using for this, aside from a pressure washer? anything that is quality and that will last?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: NON pressure washer sprayers
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 07:19:57 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Temperature-Industrial-Adjustable-50502/dp/B0013ELQDM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1413803929&sr=8-9&keywords=nelson+spray+nozzle

been running one of these for a year now, before this, same problem.  I've even had handles break off the "industrial" ones.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 09:54:28 AM »
Im using one from Target that has lasted about 2 years now.  I went through about five different ones from lowe's and home depot, all leaked or broke after a short time.

The reviews on that one you linked arent very good

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:07:12 AM »
looking at it again, that looks like a newer or older version of the one i have.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »
http://www.performancescreen.com/catalog/performance-screen-catalog

Page 14 of their catalog. I bought it probably 10 years ago, so it could be different now. It's perfect for washing out screens. Assuming that's what you were looking to do.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
I've always used something similar to Shanarchy's, but this one I saw at the bottom of the page when I went to Brad's link looks like Nozilla!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LH7NB06?psc=1
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 11:19:09 AM »
i saw that...it looks serious...i think they sell that as a torture device in any country ending in *stan

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 08:05:09 AM »
Im using one from Target that has lasted about 2 years now.  I went through about five different ones from lowe's and home depot, all leaked or broke after a short time.

The reviews on that one you linked arent very good
I did this also, home Depot ones would last a month or 2 tops. Bought one at Walmart going on 6 months ago.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 01:05:08 PM »
I've always used something similar to Shanarchy's, but this one I saw at the bottom of the page when I went to Brad's link looks like Nozilla!

just bought one. we'll see how it works next week.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 01:30:02 PM »

just bought one. we'll see how it works next week.

I just bought one too.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
NON pressure washer sprayers
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
Well, if I helped provide the inspiration, I might just have to buy one too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:34:57 PM by Frog »

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
UPDATE: After maybe 5 hours of use it is trash. The thing is leaking like crazy. Most likely a o-ring but I don't even what to mess with it.

OK i got that sprayer in. Its build well. All metal and strong. The grip pull is rather hard to pull compared to a normal one. Not so hard that you don't want to use it. The spray is ok. Its a cone spray that you can adjust from a stream to a cone mist. It sprays harder on one side of the cone then the other. Not a deal breaker but it does. The part the hose screws into does not rotate. This means you can't adjust the direction the head sits with out twisting the hose. Again not a deal breaker for us sense it sits in the same position all the time.

My shop has kind of low water pressure. Using this head the pressure does seam to be more. It does have a long trigger so you can hook it easily onto your washout booth. My other sprayer would always fall off so this is a big plus.  It is very strong and will last forever. I say for the money its worth trying.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:33:55 PM by Jon »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
OK i got that sprayer in. Its build well. All metal and strong. The grip pull is rather hard to pull compared to a normal one. Not so hard that you don't want to use it. The spray is ok. Its a cone spray that you can adjust from a stream to a cone mist. It sprays harder on one side of the cone then the other. Not a deal breaker but it does. The part the hose screws into does not rotate. This means you can't adjust the direction the head sits with out twisting the hose. Again not a deal breaker for us sense it sits in the same position all the time.

My shop has kind of low water pressure. Using this head the pressure does seam to be more. It does have a long trigger so you can hook it easily onto your washout booth. My other sprayer would always fall off so this is a big plus.  It is very strong and will last forever. I say for the money its worth trying.

Solve this with a quick connect perhaps

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
Dramm Revolver. Cheap and durable. I abused one for 4 years before it died when I dropped it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12704-9-Pattern-Revolver-Nozzle/dp/B0010EMDKA

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »
Dramm Revolver. Cheap and durable. I abused one for 4 years before it died when I dropped it.

http://www.amazon.com/Dramm-12704-9-Pattern-Revolver-Nozzle/dp/B0010EMDKA

i feel like i'd go through 3 of these in one month.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285