Author Topic: Must have tools for stepping up your game.  (Read 6272 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Must have tools for stepping up your game.
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
Alan what type of screen/Teflon setup directly after the flash were you using? Just curious as that's what made a difference for me.

I used mist spray tack to adhere the teflon sheet to the bottom of our screen in head 4, with the flash in head 3.  I didn't do anything other than that with the teflon.  We changed the pressure on the roller a few times and I kept the roller speed set to 4"/sec.

What kind of pressure do you guys run on the roller?  I was thinking that 40psi would be plenty of pressure and I think I got it up to 50psi at one time.  What about speed?  Slow, medium, probably not fast if I had to guess?

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 10:08:10 PM »
I run our rollers at high pressure and fast speed.

most overlooked tool..

the roller frame
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 06:54:11 AM »
For guys not in US, remind me after the show and I'll get you a PDF with all the info.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline vwyob

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 06:58:42 AM »
Thats great news Pierre.
Grats and kudos to you.   :)

Offline Oggielander

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »
For guys not in US, remind me after the show and I'll get you a PDF with all the info.

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Just off on the off chance - is the pdf with all the info available?  Would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Offline Oggielander

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
ISS long beach!

S39 Confessions of a Screen Printing Geek: 15 Variables to Improve Your Printing and Production NEW!

Speakers:
Pierre Jamnicky, Manger, Blue Moon Promotional, Inc.
Richard Greaves, Greaves Enterprises
Track: Screen Printing
Hide Description
Find out from an industry legend (Richard Greaves) and an upcoming, award-winning printer (Pierre Jamnicky) how to reduce the frustration and improve processes in your shop! There are 15 variables to control, and you will learn their impact and the tools used to measure them. Find out how controlling these variables will improve your print quality, improve production times and eliminate many of the headaches commonly found in the print shops. Richard and Pierre will approach it from two diffrent perspectives, Richard (consultant) aiming for the maximum improvement and Pierre's (shop manager) approach at his shop, Blue Moon Promotional, Inc. Learn what the proper choices or values for these 15 vaiables are and which tools to use for measuring them (get actual tool specs and/or model numbers). Find out Pierre's strategy for getting the tools at fractions of the cost (think eBay!)! And finally, we'll discuss the quality of the workforce/employees and how it impacts the implementation these ideas.
In this seminar, you'll learn:
1. The impact of standardizing the procedures and production variables on the company performance
2. The 15 variables to track and strategies to get them under control
3. The importance of the employee quality on the implementation and final results
- See more at: http://n2b.goexposoftware.com/events/isslb2015/goExpo/public/listSeminarsFrame.php?ff_form_refresh=&type=&location=&filter_1=&filter_2=&filter_3=&filter_4=&filter_5=&search_str=&date=&track=&speaker_id=17#speaker_id

Will this be available as a purchasable podcast or DVD?
It is difficult to get over from the UK

Hi Pierre, things have moved on a little here ... just following up on "VW yob's " email re notes from show.

Would be great if you can share

Many thx

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:53:24 PM by Oggielander »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »
crap! forgot all about it. If you and vwyob don't get it by wed, shoot me an email!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2015, 03:14:50 AM »
I second Pierre, I went to Long Beach 2015 and learnt a lot.
I now have the whole bag of tricks.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
Employees that care!
The most important. They are like family to us. Some are still with us after 40 years. We can take long holidays because of these trusted few ;)

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline Oggielander

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2015, 03:55:35 PM »
Sorry Pierre, don't mean to hassle you, did send a PM but not sure if you received it.  Just wanting to continue to up our game and always reading and researching - this forum is a great resource. 

Working on Standardising Work (SOP Manual) at the minute and hoping that we have identified all the variables - just so we can control and measure them. 

Thx in advance :-)

Offline Dochertyscott

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2015, 04:01:56 PM »
Hey Pierre, I'd love to have a read of the notes also if you don't mind emailing them through to me.
Scott@queenstownscreenprinting.co.nz
Scott

PRINT TO LIVE, LIVE TO PRINT!