Author Topic: need help with new Embroidery shop layout  (Read 2806 times)

Offline BorisB

need help with new Embroidery shop layout
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:00:28 PM »
I recently purchased Embroidery shop.  So we go from 7 heads (6+1) to 63. Which means I'm really not experienced in any large scale orders. Which are hopefully coming along with customer base we bought.

In attachement is what we have  planned in regards to floor plan.  I'm not happy with it. The person taking/getting goods for removing threads, steaming, packing... is mixing with employees working on machines.  There is enough room between table and machine for two person to meet.... But still.
Or this non existing issue? Of course you don't move so much goods as in screenprinting. Or am I thinking wrong?

Anybody kind enough to help me out?

regards,
Boris

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: need help with new Embroidery shop layout
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:20:28 PM »
I would put 2 machine back to back with say 3' between to do color changes, but that is me. If you have room.
Shane

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:42:39 PM »
I agree with Shane.  If you can set up two rows back to back it will make life a lot easier for thread changes & machine maintenance.    Two long rows will also make it easier to see everything that is running without having to walk around the entire shop too much. 

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline BorisB

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
I agree with Shane.  If you can set up two rows back to back it will make life a lot easier for thread changes & machine maintenance.    Two long rows will also make it easier to see everything that is running without having to walk around the entire shop too much.

Richard & Shane, did you mean this way?

Boris

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:22 AM »
I was thinking along these lines. The back wall can be used to hold thread cones on racks.  You can walk between each machine and add / change threads without having to constantly walk all around the shop.  If room size permits I would add a long row of tables on the back wall as well.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 11:16:02 AM »
You may think printing pushes a lot of quantity through compared to embroidery, but embroidery needs a lot of table space. Hooping, trimming, folding etc. That is one area you do not want to suffer for. In your diagram you have one table for finishing but at that amount of heads you will need a lot more than that. All the tables you have between the machines would be awkward for people to do trimming and folding, boxing etc. Might want to see if you can layout a better plan for all those tables. The hooper really does not need near as much space as the folders do.

"No man is an island"

Offline BorisB

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »
I was thinking along these lines. The back wall can be used to hold thread cones on racks.  You can walk between each machine and add / change threads without having to constantly walk all around the shop.  If room size permits I would add a long row of tables on the back wall as well.

Richard, thanks for advice. In PDF you attached, all I see is blank page

Boris

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
Try this one.   The circles on the emb machines are the thread cones.  Showing where the machines are essentially back to back with space to walk in between them for thread changes, etc or front to front where you can just turn around to fix a thread break, etc. 

Lots of tables like inkman mentioned, and shelving on the parameter for incoming jobs, outgoing jobs, supplies, etc. 

Richard

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »
That seems like a great layout

Offline Fluid

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 03:07:40 PM »
Also If your machines didnt come with casters I would invest in them for all the machines.  If you ever need to move them they come in handy bigtime. Especially if they ever need to be serviced and more room is needed.
Richard

Offline BorisB

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:03 PM »
Thank you a lot Richard, great suggestions!

Boris

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
Richard nailed it, table space is key! Wait till you are running hundred of jackets that have multiple locations and you need room galore to handle them.  I noticed also Richard placed the patch machine in the space that does not really have a hooping station in front, being patches only thats a good machine to have the farthest to walk to since its small goods.
"No man is an island"