Author Topic: grayscale image to 2 or 3 color job in photoshop... anybody have a good tutorial  (Read 1487 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I need to do a grayscale print on a black shirt soon, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the separations...

basically there's some bright white areas, all the way, fading to nothingness...

I'll need to figure out how to do the underbase layer too.

I'd love to figure out how to do this myself... as I normally always send jobs like this out.

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Post a pic of the design to be printed. WIll hep others to offer advice on the best way to reproduce it and separate.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW Master® 

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
I need to do a grayscale print on a black shirt soon, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the separations...

basically there's some bright white areas, all the way, fading to nothingness...

I'll need to figure out how to do the underbase layer too.

I'd love to figure out how to do this myself... as I normally always send jobs like this out.

Here you go, this is a great tutorial.
http://risingsungraphics.com/how-to-separate-grayscale-images-in-photoshop/

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Post a pic of the design to be printed. WIll hep others to offer advice on the best way to reproduce it and separate.

would like to, but it's a contract print for a corporate customer...

just think of standard image...

Rockers, thank you, checking that out now :)