Author Topic: Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.  (Read 3812 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 03:39:49 PM »
See a market for it but definitely not where we are going. Which is less colors and well, you know> And yes if the throughput #s and price are correct not quite ready for prime time.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 03:54:26 PM »
If you want faster (and with speed comes a price!) look at the Aeoon. Claims of 400 lights or 200 darks per hour (twice that "based on an A4 print size"). Saw it at SGIA. Wasn't running when I was there. Seems like I heard price tag was pushing 500K. Maybe next year.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 03:58:05 PM »
All though very interesting, I see this as very over the top stuff that only a few shops would use from where I sit now, also depends on the fade at the time and how long will it last to make money from it.  There is only so much you can do to a T-shirt for that wow factor and what people really want to wear and buy...time will tell if I'm correct or dead wrong, but I did like the vid 8)

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Kornit Paradigm shown in my plant.
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 04:15:22 AM »
We screen print the primer or white base.
Kornit have stand alone printers as well.      This one works with a carousel.
I have been following the DTP printers for a long time, the early machines marketed did a lot of damage to the market.
They were not ready to be marketed. The inks blocked the heads, especially the white.       They basically took a Epson printer and turned it into a digital textile printer.
Kornit designed their machines from scratch as garment printers.       They made their own colors, the maintenance is easy and inks much cheaper than anything I have seen on the market.       These are serious professional machines.     Not cheap but made to work.       If you have volume they are great.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »

Very cool to see it work; seems a little slow compared to normal production, but the high margin that can be had seems to make it worth it...

Steve

And your 6-10 color machine just became a million color press. ;)
isn't any 6-10 color machine million color press already? You can print CMYK also without DTG add on

Well, yes, of course, but it's the very short run component that makes it feasible. Popping a one color white base down then the rest via the DTG, I can kind of see making money as long as there are enough orders and the margin is good.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:23 AM »
just depends on the order...we run our DTG a ton, not every job gets run digital, but we keep it busy...and it makes us money.

i like this concept, but I still prefer a standalone machine that runs while your auto is running.  Right now we are printing digitally, screen printing, and embroidering...4 people here total, so it's nice to have every department kicking work out and making money.  if we were backed up on screen printing our digital wouldn't be happening  if it was only on the auto.  I suppose you could move the unit to a manual carousel though.

I agree with Alan, I thought digital would be further than it is now.  I am kinda underwhelmed with how far it hasn't come.

I know 2 shops close to here that are running Kornits...both of them are struggling with printing a good rich red.  Brother prints them great, but I struggle with good pinks and purples on white shirts...on dark shirts over a white base it's great.  Each machine has it's flaws.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 07:12:29 AM »
Maxie- have you had any experience with the one before this one? I talked briefly with Kornit at SGIA about the one you have(second generation) apparently it is much improved over the first generation ones but the sales lady didn't have details of how or why. :-

There was a shop here locally that actually returned their generation one unit to the vendor....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »
I had the first one.     As I mentioned  I have  a Beta machine from Kornit, I get a good deal, they get time to do production tests.
The new machine is a different ball game.    Much faster, new program to run it.    Large ink tanks.
It's much improved.       
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2014, 04:02:48 PM »
Large ink tanks.

Yeah, looks like it runs on 10w40... synthetic or just plain dino? ;)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
aww, come on gilly, everybody knows the sythetic goes in the fancy silver container.