Author Topic: am i running my dryer to hot for discharge/wb  (Read 2380 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: am i running my dryer to hot for discharge/wb
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:51 AM »
With our Sprint International, we set our temp to 330 and belt speed at 10 for about a 85 second dwell time.  I've ran them as fast as 12 and got a good cure with DC.  Our chamber length is 12'.  I've played a lot with these settings and have gotten cures at some very extreme settings that I wouldn't have thought would work well.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline acescreen

• Verified/Junior
Re: am i running my dryer to hot for discharge/wb
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
We just ran an 1,100pc order with CCI D-base ink on PC54 heather navy shirts. 1 color straight base no pigment in a HeatWave dryer.  Set the dryer @ 375* print was in the  chamber for 50 sec. Print discharged fine. If it dischages good is there any reason to leave it in any longer. I'm still fairly new to WB/ discharge prints so we are doing lots of research and testing. This is our largest job, but we've ran a few other with great results and have done wash tests and everything seems fine.

Any info/tips would be appreciated.