Author Topic: guns, guns and more guns . . .  (Read 34093 times)

Offline Clark

guns, guns and more guns . . .
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »

Right now I've got a Springfield Armory XD 40, couple random shotguns, all 20 ga dove hunting guns, and a 1940 something 38 revolver and an even older 22 range pistol.  Right now the only one I shoot regularly is the XD 40 because the older pistols aren't near as much fun.

Real men shoot 1911's.   ;D :P 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: guns, guns and more guns . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
Here's a link to one of my client's (and neighbor's) enterprise that may interest you gun guys. He's a 1911 guy.
http://www.phantomfinishing.com/pistolgallery.html
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
Trust me Chris, a 1911 is on the list for future purchase.  I'm working my way up to that level.  I've got a weird doucher infatuation with the Desert Eagle that I've been trying to fight so wish me luck with that.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
Does anyone shoot in IDPA? 

sam

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Trust me Chris, a 1911 is on the list for future purchase.  I'm working my way up to that level.  I've got a weird doucher infatuation with the Desert Eagle that I've been trying to fight so wish me luck with that.

try one of these, it will cure the DE itch!

sviguns.com

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Clark

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 12:44:42 PM »

Desert Eagles are awesome. I've shot a buddies a couple times.  I'm the same with tactical ar-15's right now...

Here's my 1911.  Bout the only stock thing on it is the frame.

I carry a sig though..at least until I can afford a Wilson Combat compact 1911.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 12:48:23 PM »
I've shot a buddies a couple times. 

I first read this as "I shot a buddy a couple of times." :)
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Clark

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
I've shot a buddies a couple times. 

I first read this as "I shot a buddy a couple of times." :)

Only when dove hunting with #8 shot.  It doesn't hurt to bad. ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:58:03 PM »

Desert Eagles are awesome. I've shot a buddies a couple times.  I'm the same with tactical ar-15's right now...

again, you have to try one of the SVI's to believe it.
mine is a 45 cal, and it holds 12 rounds in the clip. That is a lot of firepower (no, the 45 does not compare to DE's 50 cal), but the accuracy, fit and finish are incredible. Until I shot one of these I did not think that the gun makes a lot of difference. With my S&W I could barely hit the target (I am a revolver guy). Then I shot one of these and 10 out of 12 were in the bullseye. Had to have it! Spent some time looking around and found a used one about a month later.

similar to one I have:

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Clark

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 01:01:15 PM »

again, you have to try one of the SVI's to believe it.
mine is a 45 cal, and it holds 12 rounds in the clip. That is a lot of firepower (no, the 45 does not compare to DE's 50 cal), but the accuracy, fit and finish are incredible. Until I shot one of these I did not think that the gun makes a lot of difference. With my S&W I could barely hit the target (I am a revolver guy). Then I shot one of these and 10 out of 12 were in the bullseye. Had to have it! Spent some time looking around and found a used one about a month later.

similar to one I have:

pierre

Very Nice Pierre.  Have you shot any other 1911 models besides the Infinity, or was that the first one?

Offline Clark

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
Here's what I am saving for at the moment, but I will add a suppressor when I get it.  Should be able to put the smack down on some hogs at night.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 01:12:42 PM »
Awesome thread.  Those are some nice pieces Chris and Pierre, I'd love to move into something like that.  I'm thinking of selling one of my shotguns that's worth about 1500 and buying a really nice 1911, but I just can't narrow it down.  There are so many badass pistols out there and deciding which one I want is next to impossible. 

Chris, who makes that rifle?  We do some things for Larue Tactical and they have some really nice guns and accessories.  I've been out to their facilities to deliver before and it's unbelievable.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
Had to have it! Spent some time looking around and found a used one about a month later.

similar to one I have:

pierre

It just sound weird when you say that you found an "used" gun :)
Hopefully it has a clear history

Not really a gun person, but I'm pondering the idea of getting one down the road. "For under the pillow"

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »
A Mossberg 930 autoloading shotgun, and a Ruger P95 9mm I bought for some cheap defense at my old commercial location. It was too hot to work with the rollup door closed, and too many cars doing a slow roll through the dark parking lot in the evening. No back door to hightail it out of in the event of after-hours "bargain hunters".
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:01 PM »
I got a couple toy's.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube