Author Topic: Special thanks to Brian/Binkspot and Robert Barnes  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Special thanks to Brian/Binkspot and Robert Barnes
« on: September 01, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
I would like to publicly thank Brian (binkspot) and Robert Barnes for going out of their way to help me with the issues I was having with my press.

Robert called me on Sunday and sent Brian, who is a tech AND also a printer, to my shop yesterday. Brian spent the day at my shop correctly installing my press. The issues that he found which were not done correctly by the original tech, were the pallet arms were not aligned, the pallets were not leveled and the off contact was not set. Brian took care of all of this while also checking all other aspects of the press to ensure proper set up. After a long day here, he made sure I went over everything on the press with him there to be sure I was completely happy and answer any questions I may have had.

Not only is my press now properly set up, but by while hanging over Brian's shoulder I feel I learned a lot. I feel much more confident in knowing the right way to make an adjustment if need be.

If anyone needs tech service I highly recommend Brain (binkspot).

Now for the fun part. Robert generously picked up the tab of the tech visit.

Before anyone starts thinking anything, we had a conversation beforehand, and this was not an attempt for him to buy my allegiance. Nor am I, or shall I be a paid spokesperson for him. He ensured me that he was doing it because we have always got along great and he wanted to help me out. I understand and respect that this is a norwb zone. But I would like to give credit where credit is due. I don't always agree with his internet actions, but my real life dealings with him have always been great. So for that, I publicly send a sincere thank you his way.

*Please respect this post mentioning 'he who shall not be named' and keep and potential replies within the true nature of this forum.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Special thanks to Brian/Binkspot and Robert Barnes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
I am glad you got it all straightened out.  You should try and get a refund from the other tech and kick some of that to asdf.  The other tech was clearly a dipsh!t and should have done it right.

Did you pay with a CC?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 01:39:52 PM »
That was very nice of them to do that for you.  See, isn't our industry so much better when the big guys are trying to outdo each other in the "helping others" category instead of trying to bury the other one?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 01:44:29 PM »
That was very nice of them to do that for you.  See, isn't our industry so much better when the big guys are trying to outdo each other in the "helping others" category instead of trying to bury the other one?
Agreed!!!!!!
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »
I don't think I've ever read a comment claiming Mister Mxyzptlk was not competent. Some regret the loss of his potential to significantly contribute positively to all these forums due to his "internet antics" as you charitably put it. Bill Hood is another, although not quite in the same league.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »
Shane I thinking your problem was the pallets at most glad your up and running now....NOW!!!! go and print some dam shirts dude before I call Sam and have him and Homer come over and kick you in the nuts!!! ;D

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 03:20:52 PM »
i puked a little in my mouth when i  read that name....... :o

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 03:35:07 PM »
Shane I thinking your problem was the pallets at most glad your up and running now....NOW!!!! go and print some dam shirts dude before I call Sam and have him and Homer come over and kick you in the nuts!!! ;D

Darryl

Will do! I'll keep you updated. I may bother you with a couple of questions in the future as we both have the same press. Your's is all air also, right?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
glad you're up and running Shane, good luck, and go do some pain free printing...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »

Darryl

Will do! I'll keep you updated. I may bother you with a couple of questions in the future as we both have the same press. Your's is all air also, right?

Yep all air just a little newer model , but still the same, call anytime you like

Darryl

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 04:02:20 PM »
Shane, I'm glad to hear you're running. I guess it doesn't really matter (to us) how and who got you there. I'd agree you ought to go after the "tech" that did the original install for you. Certainly let whomever suggested him to you know so they are aware of his lack of quality workmanship. Now you get to learn all the joys of running an auto!!!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 04:05:17 PM »
This will come back to haunt you, send him a check. :o
With that being said, glad you got it fixed.  Sounds like you were pretty down about it.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 04:19:56 PM »
Jesterapparel couldn't help yourself huh!!! in this hold thread you had to be negative, and I guess you'll be the one to wait and say I told you so.

Darryl

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
The issues that he found which were not done correctly by the original tech, were the pallet arms were not aligned, the pallets were not leveled and the off contact was not set

Jesus effing christ.  Are you serious?  What did homeboy do, bolt the thing together, plug it in, hook up the air and split? 

Glad you got a skilled tech in there.  I would definitely get your $ back from that clown that did the prior 'install'.  This is basic, basic stuff even for a manual press. 

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
Darryl, I definitely will. What is the ideal time to get ahold of you?

Thanks Dave! I'm finally glad to be back on track with it. I let Anatol know the independent tech they recommended did not do a good job. Hopefully this will help the next guy out there.

Jester, It was really building up. I was probably a little over emotional at the time of the original post, but it was definitely getting my spirits down.

Zoo, pretty much. Electric, air, and a couple of other things. But definitely did not dial it in to be ready to go. It would be nice if there was a review list for independent techs in the field so you could know before you spend your money weather or not they are reliable.