Author Topic: YAIMB - Yet Another Install Mini Blog  (Read 11768 times)

Offline 1964GN

Re: YAIMB - Yet Another Install Mini Blog
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2014, 06:36:06 AM »
You are welcome anytime!

We ran the machine last night before we left... amazingly quite, and fast. It's like watching a robot on a car assembly line.

After we get settled in I'm going to start a new post covering our decision to choose S-Roque over other brands. Should be a great popcorn eating thread :) ... but for now we need to get to the business of printing.

The time lapse install video should be up in the next few days.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
Are there going to be issues with getting long sleeve shirts over the pallet arms? On the MHM S its a bitch especial with girls cut garments... this  one of two things I really do not like about my press.

Very stoked for you and your crew... wicked looking press!
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline islandtees

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 03:05:15 PM »
Are there going to be issues with getting long sleeve shirts over the pallet arms? On the MHM S its a bitch especial with girls cut garments... this  one of two things I really do not like about my press.

M&R is just as bad, very difficult to load long sleeves quickly.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 03:10:32 PM »

Crazy... I never had thissleeve issue with my TAS machines... BTW I think TAS has the most Rock Solid arms around with the least pallet deflection.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 03:21:36 PM »

the M&R arms are much narrower than either machine mentioned. You should try one before making that statement. Just a fyi
Rich Hoffman

Offline islandtees

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »
I own  a 12 color M&R and a 6 color Chameleon so I think I can offer a opinion. Our problem is the shirts get caught on the yellow levers on the smaller shirts. You suggested to me once when I had this conversation with you to try the triple sleeve platen. I bought 1 to see how it would work but my printers didn't like the way the shirt bunched up against the top of the platen.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »
I own  a 12 color M&R and a 6 color Chameleon so I think I can offer a opinion. Our problem is the shirts get caught on the yellow levers on the smaller shirts. You suggested to me once when I had this conversation with you to try the triple sleeve platen. I bought 1 to see how it would work but my printers didn't like the way the shirt bunched up against the top of the platen.
I know what you own. I was just stating until you try the others not to say we are just as bad. I assure you it's worse working with a bulky arm width at the tip.
Rich Hoffman

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 04:35:25 PM »

You know you can adjust the bolt on the bottom of the yellow levers so they sit flush (or close to flush) with the side of the platen when fully tightened right?  This makes catching things on them close to impossible.  I had to make that adjustment on my Kruzer as I do tons of sleeves and other small stuff like onesies.

Offline islandtees

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »

the M&R arms are much narrower than either machine mentioned. You should try one before making that statement. Just a fyi
This sentence sounds like your saying I should try a M&R press sleeve platen. That's why I mentioned I have M&R equipment. Even if I couldn't load a sleeve on a M&R I will still always buy M&R equipment.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »

This sentence sounds like your saying I should try a M&R press sleeve platen. That's why I mentioned I have M&R equipment. Even if I couldn't load a sleeve on a M&R I will still always buy M&R equipment.
"Even if I couldn't load a sleeve on a M&R I will still always buy M&R equipment"
Really ??
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2014, 08:08:10 PM »

Rich

How wide is the TAS arm in comparison... do you really know?

we would have to consider not only the width of arm but also width of pallet and the height from bottom of arm to top of pallet.. all these would affect the ease of loading long sleeve shirts.
Robert
allpremiums.com

Offline islandtees

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2014, 08:21:01 PM »

"Even if I couldn't load a sleeve on a M&R I will still always buy M&R equipment"
Really ??
Yea, really because my printers do the loading. I just buy the equipment.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:26:45 PM by islandtees »

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2014, 08:43:05 PM »
There really isn't a issue loading sleeves, the pallets are Luke 4" x 3/4" or so, just moved the pallet out to the end of the arm and you got probably a foot before the arm starts. Plus it is tapered you would need to be printing a pretty long print before you ran into problems. Plus no levers that stick out... :P
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 12:25:43 AM »

Rich

How wide is the TAS arm in comparison... do you really know?

we would have to consider not only the width of arm but also width of pallet and the height from bottom of arm to top of pallet.. all these would affect the ease of loading long sleeve shirts.
TAS is roughly the same widths as M&R
Rich Hoffman

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 07:01:19 AM »
If sleeves are a substantial part of your business I can see how loading would be a bottle neck for you. For us it's a pretty small percentage of our overall business, and being a new press for us I can't speak to the issue with first hand experience, yet. What I can tell you is that TCT's comments are exactly what we expected. One lever to swap pallets, no handles in the way of loading and 1 foot + of pallet before the arm even starts. This to me sounds more than acceptable.

Now, back to you're regularly scheduled program...

We spent a good part of day three familiarizing ourselves with the new press and we are very impressed to say the least. We printed a small 2 color job in the afternoon. The PRU and entire pin reg system worked flawlessly. It was spot on with zero micros needed on both ends of the frame. Of course, we don't expect every job to be that exact but if we are consistent on the PRU we are WAY ahead of where we were with the DB.

At the time of the purchase the YOU did not have a skip shirt feature. It turns out that they were testing that feature in Colorado and it was working as expected so, our tech received the software update from Portugal and applied the update to our machine. Nice :-)

There is no doubt that, no matter what new press we purchased, that we be just as impressed as we are now. Will we be as please in 6 months as we are now? Only time will tell, but this experience from start to this point has been light years ahead of our last major purchase.