Author Topic: Epson 3000 Service manual link included. Topic: Removing the cover  (Read 15504 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
I've tried on my own, and I've read other forums on the Epson, and have even downloaded the general Epson printer service manual but haven't found anything that specifically tells you how to remove the cover. You'd think I could find it on my own, but it's hidden somehow.

I'm thinking i need to soak the pads and maybe run some isopropyl thru the heads. Been sitting for a year or so.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:48:58 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Removing the cover from an Epson 3000
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 12:56:22 AM »
Mine sat in a hot attic for 2 years and fired up and printed fine after 2 clean cycles. I'd fire it up and see how it goes, the things are tanks.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 01:28:57 AM »
Oh, I've fired it up. It's printing (or going thru the motions) but not printing ink. No nozzle check images. I've done about 8 auto cleans.  I might need to replace the ink cartridges also. Who knows. I just wanna get the cover off, so I can get inside and clean it. I can see a good bit of dust fuzz near heads.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:55:44 AM »
https://archive.org/details/printermanual-epson-stylus-color-3000-service-manual

This has been the most helpful instructions I have found. Section 3.2 It is pretty easy after you do it one time

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 10:18:21 AM »
https://archive.org/details/printermanual-epson-stylus-color-3000-service-manual

This has been the most helpful instructions I have found. Section 3.2 It is pretty easy after you do it one time

Thank you for the link. I have 2 spare 3000's and have been wanting to go through them.
Tees and Coffee

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 02:22:17 PM »
They come apart very easy you got four in the back, one where the ink carts go and I think two or three under the paper tray once you pull it out.  then you need to take a flat head screw driver and push the tabs back on the under side of the printer to pull the top off, oh and don't forget to take off the control panel first and unplug it.  Just be careful and don't break stuff or force it apart it comes apart very easy.  I've taken two apart all the way down the motor in the back and replaced springs heads you name it, but getting the bastards primed back with ink is a mother good luck...

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 04:47:37 PM »
Thanks Guys. With that service manual, I'm in and cleaning. Thanks for the tips.  Not all manuals go through everything I found out.  This one is best.  I've made this thread a sticky for others.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:49:42 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Epson 3000 Service manual link included. Topic: Removing the cover
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 11:31:43 AM »
get some windex and soak a paper towel with it then park the heads on top of it. That should clear it . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »
That will work fine I'm sure. I'm out of windex, but have been able to get it to print a decent nozzle check and printed images. Just patiently cleaning and noz checks. Then printed a few large solid areas...and finally,printed some halftones.  No rip yet. I wanted to use the one provided (supposed to be pretty good) but it only works on and older version of windows.

The thing I will be attacking now, is the rows of thing lines where the print doesn't seem to overlap enough. I've done some alignment test and narrows it down to what looks as good as can be done. Still, I have those lines going across horizontally. That has to be the spacing of when the first row of prints lay over the next. Seems to be a slight gap. I imagine possibly if I could change the amount ink laydown/slow the printer down that might overlap more.

I don't know much about the Epson 3000's so if anyone has any basics to toss in, feel free.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:10:31 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 02:52:02 PM »

I don't know much about the Epson 3000's so if anyone has any basics to toss in, feel free.

I know that folks always used to ask what settings provided a good black positive. I assume those were folks without a third party rip.

In that situation, you want the settings for backlit films, though you, with your emphasis on halftones will surely be using a sophisticated rip at some point I bet.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »
dan, what version of windows are you on?  I got it to run on 7...i think.

you have to run & install it in compatibility mode

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
get some windex and soak a paper towel with it then park the heads on top of it. That should clear it . . .

pierre

We do that when we have to, plus we also have a large syringe we fill with cleaning fluid that fits over the nipples that the ink carts sit on, then squeeze the fluid through onto the aforementioned paper towel. When it starts to run clear, you're pretty close to clean... haven't tried it on a 3000, but it works on the 1400 and the like...

Steve

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »

Using windows 7.  It's running, but I"ll need to fine tune it. Where or at what point to do you find the "compatibility" mode?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »

Using windows 7.  It's running, but I"ll need to fine tune it. Where or at what point to do you find the "compatibility" mode?

I thought that that was an option offered up by Win 7 when installing a legacy driver
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 06:55:52 PM »
If so, I musta not needed it then, because I went to the Epson website and downloaded it's latest driver for my operating system and had no issues.